Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
01-15-2010, 07:46 PM
Anyone on Linux tried the WInehacks git that runs CO ok? I compiled it and tried under that, and I just get segfaults on Mac OS X... but its claimed it runs CO on Linux ok.. and this crashes for me after log in the same way CO does... with the same problem the fix in winehacks fixes.

I need to mess with the code some and try to figure out why it segfaults, or find the patch that fixed the D3D problem with CO and make a patch for 1.1.36.

On my Mac I have the same things by the way... IE6 with Winetricks and I can log in and crashes after the cryptic logo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
I need to mess with the code some and try to figure out why it segfaults, or find the patch that fixed the D3D problem with CO and make a patch for 1.1.36.
Unless you're a seasoned wine dev, I doubt you'll be able to just 'mess with the code' and fix the segmentation faults.

I think part of the problem is with the way wine passes system information to applications. Does anyone else keep getting the warning about their rig not meeting system requirements? I've tried adding registry keys that mark my graphics card properly as an nvidia 260 gtx, but the game still thinks I am below requirements.

Can we all post the last few lines from wine before the crash, to try and figure out WTF is happening? Mine is in my previous posts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
01-15-2010, 08:08 PM
That would be fantastic, this stupid wall is like.. all that stands in our way.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
01-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Here is the console output from my crash...

Quote:
Loading Item Rarities... done (4 ItemRaritys). (0.00)
Loading LoadingScreen... done (12 LoadingScreen). (0.00)
Loading AlwaysPropSlotDef... done (16 AlwaysPropSlotDef). (0.00)
Loading PetRestrictions done (PetRestrictions). (0.00)
Loading OfficerRankDefs... done (12 OfficerRankDefs). (0.00)
Loading Algo Categories... done (161 Algo Categories). (0.00)
Loading PetContactList Defs...
Loading PetContactList... done (11 PetContactList). (0.00)
done (11 PetContactList). (0.00)
WorldLibZone startup...
Unloading map...memTrackValidateHeap: Infinite loop walking heap, last walked was 2ac0130
memTrackValidateHeap: Infinite loop walking heap, last walked was 2ac0130
memTrackValidateHeap: Infinite loop walking heap, last walked was 2ac0130
memTrackValidateHeap: Infinite loop walking heap, last walked was 2ac0130
Heap validation failed on memTrackValidateHeap()
2010-01-15 22:09:55 PROGRAM ASSERT OCCURRED! heapValidateAll()
memTrackValidateHeap: Infinite loop walking heap, last walked was 2ac0130
memTrackValidateHeap: Infinite loop walking heap, last walked was 2ac0130
memTrackValidateHeap: Infinite loop walking heap, last walked was 2ac0130
memTrackValidateHeap: Infinite loop walking heap, last walked was 2ac0130
Heap validation failed on memTrackValidateHeap()
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x33fa7c) using GetSystemInfo()
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0xa80000 0 0x33fbf0 4
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0xfffffffe): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x74): stub
fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x78): stub
ceProcessId 8
ceThreadId 9
ceArgs 27211664:635
fixme:dbghelp:MiniDumpWriteDump NIY MiniDumpWithDataSegs
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1660 bytes in thread 0032 eip 682dae4e esp 00240cb4 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000
^[ Terminated
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
01-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobox
Unless you're a seasoned wine dev, I doubt you'll be able to just 'mess with the code' and fix the segmentation faults.

I think part of the problem is with the way wine passes system information to applications. Does anyone else keep getting the warning about their rig not meeting system requirements? I've tried adding registry keys that mark my graphics card properly as an nvidia 260 gtx, but the game still thinks I am below requirements.

Can we all post the last few lines from wine before the crash, to try and figure out WTF is happening? Mine is in my previous posts.
Wine doesnt do a Seg fault.. the WInehacks git that works on Linux is doing a segfault for me running anything, nothing to do with STO. I want to use Winehacks, because its the only Wine source thats capable of running CO, which is the same engine as STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
01-15-2010, 09:08 PM
If any of you figure it out, a step by step for us dumb people who are using Macs and don't know Wine all that well would be greatly appreciated and inspire to me to herald your legendary deeds for all eternity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
01-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
Wine doesnt do a Seg fault.. the WInehacks git that works on Linux is doing a segfault for me running anything, nothing to do with STO. I want to use Winehacks, because its the only Wine source thats capable of running CO, which is the same engine as STO.
I must have glanced over that part, sorry. I was looking at the wine hacks git earlier, and it looks interesting, I hope to see neat stuff from you over the next few days, maybe with a working hack.

This is my current terminal output from the point where I click engage.

http://pastebin.com/f177abbc6
^^ These wonderful forums think that my code contains smilies, even though it is enclosed in quote blocks. I am really surprised that no dev has checked back on this topic to even comment on the errors we posted. I really expected good things from this game, but the support here leaves a lot to be desired. Back to EVE online for me!

EDIT: I have decided that the avatar for the guy above me is a stormtrooper raping a little girl. C/D?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
01-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm running osx OSX using wine 1.1.35 from http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

I installed ie6 to get past the loader app bug, but nothing else

I looks like Cryptic has their own crash handler that helps them report the information about the crash back to them. Problem is, this bypasses wine's own crash handler so it's difficult to debug in wine.

When you crash, there's a Crash.log and Shutdown.log file created in logs/GameClient/Crash.log.

I'm getting the same errors as everyone else, and my Crash.log and Shutdown.log both read

100115 22:53:50 1 Client[0]: Shutting down: c:\src\crossroads\gameclientlib\gclutils.c(560)

That's probably the same information that would be uploaded in a crash report, but I've been hesitant to send them since I know Cryptic isn't officially supporting wine under OSX or Linux.

Anyway, if they get it fixed I'll buy star trek online when it comes out, and with a source file and line number they should have the exact function call causing the crash.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
01-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobox
I must have glanced over that part, sorry. I was looking at the wine hacks git earlier, and it looks interesting, I hope to see neat stuff from you over the next few days, maybe with a working hack.

This is my current terminal output from the point where I click engage.

http://pastebin.com/f177abbc6
^^ These wonderful forums think that my code contains smilies, even though it is enclosed in quote blocks. I am really surprised that no dev has checked back on this topic to even comment on the errors we posted. I really expected good things from this game, but the support here leaves a lot to be desired. Back to EVE online for me!

EDIT: I have decided that the avatar for the guy above me is a stormtrooper raping a little girl. C/D?

Actually she was 19 but a little pixie-ish, and it was a party where we were both drunk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
01-15-2010, 09:41 PM
The new patch was released, i have to DL 10 gigs?? again?? whyyyy??


and i think that the storm trooper there isn't raping, but its close, lol.
his head is like... in her belly.
[/offtopic]

has anyone PM'ed the dev that linked this thread for an update?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 AM.