Captain
So ...

Curse this assignment chain to the nine hells.

I have attempted the forth and last assignment to complete it three times and all failed. For those not in the know: http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment_ch..._Nepeta_Leaves

Now then: I only have a few purple DOffs scattered among various departments and I am (naturally) shooting for Crit Success here (especially after the second loss). The demon about this last quarter is the 20 Leaves needed. They are selling for at least 50K on the Exchange. A little math makes this a very expensive assignment to finish.

Is there a trick to winning here? Or am I just venting against bad luck?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lieutenant
# 2
03-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Get better doffs
Captain
# 3
03-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Fair enough ... but easier said than done. My OCD demands this assignment chain be completed.

Any other suggestions? Beuller? Beuller?

Captain
# 4
03-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Buy the chain reward outright off the exchange.

Too simple ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 5
03-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Well ... I could do that and that is simple .

But I'm caring less for the reward and more to complete the chain itself thus removing it from the assignment lists. You know, like finishing the homework *I* did instead of having someone finish it for me.

Rihannsu
# 6
03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
stalk cardassian space looking for Haggles for Nepeta. You could also try asking in the Doffjobs channel to see if people have seen it. or go to: bit.ly/DOFFS
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 7
03-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
But I'm caring less for the reward and more to complete the chain itself thus removing it from the assignment lists. You know, like finishing the homework *I* did instead of having someone finish it for me.
All chain assignments are unique and can only be done once. The chain will advance regardless of outcome. In case of the final assignment, the chain will be complete when the assignment ends, also regardless of outcome.

The repeatable versions of the assignments that are unlocked after completing the chain are there to stay. Getting a success will not prevent them from appearing again.

Of course, if you get some personal satisfaction from succeeding in it, go right ahead. But it won't change anything in the game.
Captain
# 8
03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
All chain assignments are unique and can only be done once. The chain will advance regardless of outcome. In case of the final assignment, the chain will be complete when the assignment ends, also regardless of outcome.
But ... if the assignment outcome does not matter, then how have I been able to try and fail three times?

Empire Veteran
# 9
03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
But ... if the assignment outcome does not matter, then how have I been able to try and fail three times?
Simple chance... all three times it wasn't in your favor.

And either way, when you failed the fourth chain assignment the first time, it disappeared forever. What you've been doing after that is the repeatable version
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 10
03-07-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Simple chance... all three times it wasn't in your favor.

And either way, when you failed the fourth chain assignment the first time, it disappeared forever. What you've been doing after that is the repeatable version
I may need help understanding this then because according to Wiki: http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_E..._Nepeta_Leaves ...

the requirement to complete the repeatable assignment is not 20 leaves, but 3 ... correct?

So, if I have actually completed the chain (even though I failed the 4th and last part) then it should not show up in my incomplete Assignment Chain summary UI (or whatever it's called), right?