Lt. Commander
# 1 Vent and STO: Solved
01-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Update: Apparently Google is my friend and running vent as an administrator solves the issue. Disregard

I did a quick forums search and didn't see anything on this topic. I could also be a complete nub and missing something, but any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone else use vent while playing? It would appear that STO does not pass through the push to talk key. In other words, I hold my ptt key in game and nothing. If I alt tab out to vent, it works fine.

I've tried changing keys and looking through various settings.

Anyone have any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Are you using vista or winows7? If so, both the game AND vent need to be either running as administrator or not as administrator

ie. if you run STO as an administrator, but run vent normally, ptt buttons will not go through, and vice versa.

Thats not a STO issue, i've had it happen with lots of different programs.

On the other hand, if you're using XP, go ahead and ignore me
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-12-2010, 05:25 PM
A group of players and I use Vent quite successfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrAgnew View Post
Update: Apparently Google is my friend and running vent as an administrator solves the issue. Disregard

I did a quick forums search and didn't see anything on this topic. I could also be a complete nub and missing something, but any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone else use vent while playing? It would appear that STO does not pass through the push to talk key. In other words, I hold my ptt key in game and nothing. If I alt tab out to vent, it works fine.

I've tried changing keys and looking through various settings.

Anyone have any ideas?