The game is patched and continues to verify with each load perfectly. It shows the Cryptic load screen, goes to about 10% pretty much instantly then freezes/crashes, bringing up the bug submission window.
I do have a recurring error listed in the errors.log file, for all of the files within the Live directory:
MasterControlProgram ESC : The patchclientlib is internally recording error code : 36\nA file was locked that could not be open for writing. - Unable to read back file
I used the command prompt to remove any read-only attributes from any and all of the files and directories within the installation folder. No change.
What it isnít:
This isn't a decompression error like a lot of people are having. I'm getting no error message, and no indication in any of the logs apart from what I've linked below being the shutdown code.
- I was overclocked, so I knocked that off to see if that was having any effect. No change.
- I was using beta NVIDIA drivers. Uninstalled, wiped then reinstalled latest WHQL drivers. No change.
- Shared the installation folder, ran the game on my laptop through the folder. It ran perfectly. So it is something to do with my PC causing the problem, but there's no indication as to whether my PC is at fault, or the game itself.
- Installed the game on my laptop, ran it to make sure it worked. It did. Shared out the installation folder, ran it from my PC, same crash. No change.
- Cleaned the registry using HijackThis and CCleaner. No change.
- Disabled PhysX and Multi-GPU both, at the same time and independently. No change.
- Added the launcher and client to my exception list in my AV/IS (Kaspersky Internet Security 2010). No change.
- Disabled both Kaspersky and Spyware Doctor. No change.
- Redownloaded and reinstalled the client through the torrent download. No change.
- Deleted all the hogg files and allowed the launcher to redownload the files directly from Cryptic. No change.
- Already have UAC disabled, but to be sure, ran the game with Administrator rights ticked, as well as trying OS compatibility as XP and Vista. Disabled desktop composition. No change.
Just providing as much information as possible to be helpful to others having similar/same problem.