Career Officer
# 1 Save the Sh'Mar
03-08-2013, 04:11 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/34oeg5l.jpg
This bug has been buggin me since i discovered this mission almost a year ago.
I have made several bugs/tickets ingame with this one, and it is still here ...

The end-mission pop up dialogue showing your boff telling the Sh'Mar is hailing you has a wrong button text .... it reads Contiune instead of Continue

10+ tickets / notifications on this flaw in the last 6 months on this one alone by me in-game.
Career Officer
# 2
03-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Typos aren't considered game-breaking (unless they actually give false information), so don't expect this to be fixed all that fast.
Career Officer
# 3
03-08-2013, 07:36 AM
really!!!! with all the real bugs in game and glitches you complaining about a typo! WOW.
Captain
# 4
03-08-2013, 01:54 PM
To be fair, while just about every single other bug should be higher priority than this one, this is something that could be fixed with very little time investment.

So if this bug 'jumps the queue' and gets fixed before other, more important bugs, and delays the fixing of other bugs by a whole minute or two, I won't complain.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
If you think that's bad, just wait till you get 10 Computer Core Fragments from the 'Defense Contract' mission, and get 'Salvage Dispute' completed: you'll find the ending text is exactly the same one from the ending of 'Night of the Comet'

Been that way since it was added, I think
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.

Last edited by trek21; 03-08-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
03-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Yeah, i know there are more important bugs to fix.

I am probably also one of the few ppl who read the patch notes, and see alot of stuff in there like this & this text only fix ...

This is one of those daily missions people do to get dil & kills in a quick & fun way.
All it takes is 1min to find the correct mission source text file and do a search for the wrong word, and fix it.

I am also making a post about it here so there is a record ... which the ingame system lacks.

Gamebreaking bug, no ... neither is the Jem ...

Annoying me every day on every toon i do the mission with to get some dili for my fleets projects, yes, very much so ...

If i didnt think it was important that these kinds of things be fixxed, i wouldt report it 10x.
These are the incredibly small things in the game that when fixxed bring it to a better level.

Aside from the fact that it needs adressing that apparently such small and insignificantly easy to fix flaws are overlooked by the GM's (pwe support, not cryptic) and any ticketing system out there.

Game quality comes from attention to detail, and that also goes for the story & mission content that would draw people into the game.

Can do the Salvage dispute soon again, will report that one too ... thnx for pointing that one out.
Career Officer
# 7
03-09-2013, 01:30 AM
IMO he has a point. There might be a lot more serious bugs in the game, but those typos would be so easily fixed compared to those.
Since somebody has to read the bug report anyway it wouldn't take a lot more work for them to note it down on a list somewhere.
Then a dev could just go down that list and fix them in like 10 minutes.
Compared to other bugs that would likely take hours... But hardly ever get fixed either? Hmm.
Ok I think I'm wasting my breath here.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008