Captain
# 51
03-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talgeeze View Post
I don't know who made the pictures for the teaser site, but congratulations to him (or to them, they might not be only one doing them).

Anyway, this third image reminds me a lot of Starcraft 2 ending, when Jim Raynor exits the Zerg cave with the now [almost] cured Kerrigan in his arms. Funny how this came to me as Heart of the Swarm is coming in the next few days x)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eristhevorta View Post
That's Raynor carring out Sarah in the end of Starcraft 2 - Wings of Liberty (final cutscene).
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Looking at this screenshot I get the feeling someone at Cryptic has just finished SC2 Wings of Liberty campaign. ;p
So I'm -not- the only one who thought it looked like that...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 52
03-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4liance View Post
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be helping out a bit while Brandon's on an away mission, and I look forward to working with you all ^__^

- Val
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Captain
# 53
03-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
So I'm -not- the only one who thought it looked like that...
Come on now, you seriously didn't think that the Starcraft influx would stop at "Striker" MACO set didn't you?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 54
03-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Well, consider this...
I dont because it serves no purpose, we dont have a DS9 after the Dominion attack and Bajor social is still under Dominion on DS9.

There is no reason for that, none ... its just jumping to conclusions from ARTWORK!
Career Officer
# 55
03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
I dont because it serves no purpose, we dont have a DS9 after the Dominion attack and Bajor social is still under Dominion on DS9.

There is no reason for that, none ... its just jumping to conclusions from ARTWORK!
I was just proposing a way it could work.

Frankly, though, your DS9 comparison is dumb. They couldn't change anything about DS9 because there are no parts we haven't visited yet that would be relevant. But there are massive sections of city on New Romulus that could be added without affecting the surrounding content.

I can't speak for the person you originally quoted, but I'm just speculating, not jumping to conclusions.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
New Romulus exists FOR characters that reached lv50 and are doing the Romulan reputation, its linked to EVERY Romulan Reputation Mission so how would you solve this? this ISNT a TV series ... this is a game and that area of the game HAVE to exist, unless you want a paradox were the zone exist BOTH and before and after making no much sense.
New Romulus already *is* a paradox - New Romulus (and the entire Tau Dewa Sector Block) exists in a post-Cloaked Intentions state before you do the Cloaked Intentions arc.
Ensign
# 57
03-08-2013, 04:01 PM
An intriguing picture. Unfortunately their faces aren't visible so we can't identify them.
For me it would've been interesting to know wether or not we will see . . . certain persons from the Romulan arc again given that I have still some scores to settle in Romulan space ...

Also I don't really think that we'll see the Iconians just yet. It's probably still too early for them to make a move not to mention that the Species 8472 infiltration still remains unadressed even though the reasons for this should be rather self-explanatory.

Still instead of an official Romulan-Iconian alliance some people have been "promoting" around here I tend to think that
Admiral Zelles/Commander Seloks Infiltration begins to bear it's fruits instead,
perhabs by rallying the large remains of the Romulan Fleet, who so far have not taken side for either the Tal Shiar or D'Tan against New Romulus and the Federation and Klingon Task Forces stationed there,
perhaps to rid the Romulan conservatives and Mol'Rihan of the big picture and set the stage for the Tal Shiar (and with them the Iconians) to take over large amounts of Romulan space, meaning that we the player ultimately have to face the consequences of our "biggest failure".

Or given the ambigious relations between the Iconians and Species 8472 and their respective agendas it might also turn out to be a massive double-cross on Zelles part, luring a returned and indoctrinated Sela into a trap by making her belief that we wouldn't be able of putting up a fight and as such convince Sela to attack prematurely weakening the Iconians grip on the Alpha quadrant immensely and maybe even giving Species 8472 a decisive advantage over the Iconians.

Ugh, so many possibilities ... I really hope that Cryptic's writers don't mess this up, as this really presents a grat chance to push STO's lore to new levels of awesome.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88572087000&dateline=  1361926017

Don't bite the bullet! Say NO to ARC!
Rihannsu
# 58
03-08-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordinsane View Post
New Romulus already *is* a paradox - New Romulus (and the entire Tau Dewa Sector Block) exists in a post-Cloaked Intentions state before you do the Cloaked Intentions arc.
Nope because you cannot DO anything there until after reaching lv50 were its assumed you done Cloaked Intentions.

The game is static but also blocks of doing things until you are supposed to do then.
Ensign
# 59 Her hair...
03-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Guys, look at her hair. Now is it me or do look like the cables coming out of the (canon) Borg Queen's head? If so, well... that's quite a story... Whatever it is I look forward to it! Oh and the outline of the face resembles that of the original queen aswell...

Last edited by zigglegarf; 03-08-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: stuff
Captain
# 60
03-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Iconian Female! Beware of who/what you are carrying Commander!