Empire Veteran
# 31
03-09-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
What is your specific concern over the Defense bonus? Do you feel that the bonus is too large?
i dont think its too much, and with human boffs, and the expense of rom boffs, theres steep cost and opportunity cost.

with doffs like these, and future doffs having very desirable passive stats, there comes a problem of not being able to trade them to get officer training. on several ships, i simply cant even consider them because of that. could we please get a work around for captain trainable only skills being gotten in a way that does not require trading? id pay dil for that, just charge dil for those powers at the boff trainer, and other more rare boff abilities. they are all plentiful on the exchange anyway.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 32
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
What is your specific concern over the Defense bonus? Do you feel that the bonus is too large?
My concern, being a PvPer and PvE aficionado, is that the bonus stacks. Previous posts here have alluded to having a 10%+ bonus to defense from doffs alone. His doesn't even factor elusive or the Aegis/Reman engine bonuses to defense.

This seems likely to be exploited. Why not add a little bonus to beams similar to what the Embassy consoles provide instead? Since pressure damage could use a bit of love?
Captain
# 33
03-09-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
No, Aux also affects Stealth values. It is +1 Stealth per +1 Aux Power, straight across.

This value is factored into the example given in my first post in this thread. The base value of a Player Cloak (with no Stealth skill) is 4925+Aux, hence being 4975 @ 50 Aux.
Thank you for the information, Borticus.

As long as I have your attention, would you mind looking at this thread:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=569281

I believe that hull repair rates and crew recovery rates may not be functioning as intended. In particular, the bonus granted by leadership is unaffected by the normal penalties that reduce hull repair rate during combat. Also, the crew recovery rates reported by the UI don't seem to match the observed recovery rates for either able crew or alive crew.

For test data and a detailed analysis of hull repair rates, please see the following post:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...31&postcount=3
Career Officer
# 34
03-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Since there seems to be a lot of stealth and cloak fixes. How about fixing BO's and picking up items from decloaking in space and on the ground? I should not be forced out fo cloak for picking up loot!
Lieutenant
# 35
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Awesome but still no clue on the Mystery
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4088/vorak1.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-09-2013, 11:00 PM
This is most certainly a stealth nerf.

As in reality you should give me a refund, as I paid for the prior bonuses to ambush, and if they dont stack its baloni.

And will the brel cloak still be broken if u have one with subterfuge?

Everyone who sold their veterans and equipped romulan eng and sci boffs on klingon side should get heavily compensated.....
Rihannsu
# 37
03-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Whenever we diminish the value of something players have worked hard to earn, we try to compensate whenever possible. In this case, we chose to include a Defense bonus because it is thematically appropriate to the concept of being an elusive target in Space combat.

The changes in this patch both reduce the Stealth values attached to the Subterfuge Trait, and eliminate the stacking of those bonuses. We felt that a small Defense bonus would help mitigate those changes.

As others have said, I feel that adding more defense is a step in the wrong direction. More defense means less healing, less glass on those glass cannons, and less effective damage for standard gear.

I would much prefer toning down healing and resists, and compensate by buffing anything but those values. A number of high level Eng and Sci BO skills come to mind (AB, BP,TR, CPB, Tach Beam). Alternatively give rommie BOs new BO skills. Activating and timeing skills is fun, having procs and stats do it for me, not as much.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Rihannsu
# 38
03-10-2013, 01:54 PM
How about instead of defense it gives a bonus to accuracy? Just an idea...
Career Officer
# 39
03-11-2013, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i dont think its too much, and with human boffs, and the expense of rom boffs, theres steep cost and opportunity cost.

with doffs like these, and future doffs having very desirable passive stats, there comes a problem of not being able to trade them to get officer training. on several ships, i simply cant even consider them because of that. could we please get a work around for captain trainable only skills being gotten in a way that does not require trading? id pay dil for that, just charge dil for those powers at the boff trainer, and other more rare boff abilities. they are all plentiful on the exchange anyway.
Good point.
I totally agree.
Career Officer
# 40
03-11-2013, 12:27 AM
How fits the tachyon detection field console with this new mechanic? Has it also been eveluated, or will it be a useless console.