Ensign
# 1 Which set MACO or OMEGA?
05-30-2013, 12:16 PM
I've searched but didn't have any luck finding an exact answer to this question. I'm currently a tac officer flying a tac Oddy using antiproton weapons. Right now I'm using the Aegis set but I'm a week or less away from reaching tier 5 Omega reputation and I'm not real clear which set would be better to replace my Aegis set with... Omega or MACO (or something else perhaps?). I would appreciate any opinions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratocaster014 View Post
I've searched but didn't have any luck finding an exact answer to this question. I'm currently a tac officer flying a tac Oddy using antiproton weapons. Right now I'm using the Aegis set but I'm a week or less away from reaching tier 5 Omega reputation and I'm not real clear which set would be better to replace my Aegis set with... Omega or MACO (or something else perhaps?). I would appreciate any opinions.
I'd recommend MACO given that it is a better defense-oriented set. The MACO shield provides some of the best available proteection with its 10% energy weapon damage resistance on top of 15% plasma resists. It also boosts subsystem power as it receives damage. The 2-set bonus also gives a slight-cooldown reduction to all abilities, including consoles.

The Omega set tends to work better with ships running rapid fire / scatter volley cannon builds since its Tetryon Glider effect triggers per hit.
Career Officer
# 3
05-30-2013, 01:01 PM
I run the Adapted MACO set myself since I'm already a FED Joined Trill Engineer but keep the MK XII MACO set handy
~My current ship and build~
Ensign
# 4
05-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Hmmm... what is the adapted MACO set? How is it different and how do you get it?
Career Officer
# 5
05-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Its the Fed version of the Klingon Honor Guard space set.

You can get it when you finish the Omega rep system.

PS: The Klingons get the adapted KHG space set (Its the Fed MACO set for Klingons)
~My current ship and build~