Lt. Commander
# 31
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
I wish I could try out those drivers but they dont exist for my Mobile card. My mobile gtx 260m only supports the 195 drivers. However, it does seem that turning off shadows helps a fair amount.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-14-2010, 02:50 AM
SO I'm supposed to revert back to a 6 month old driver to play Star Trek Online when all the newest games require the newest drivers? Cryptic can screw off.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Here's a question. Not at home atm, so I can't check specifics on my machine, but I'm running an NVIDIA 9500 GT, Win 7, 3g ram, old AMD 64 proc. What's happening is that, any time in the character creator that I switch a feature, the model strips to the lowest level and over the next, oh, 4-5 sec. the subsequent layers of texture start to appear one at a time. This also happened in game in some areas, but is most pronounced whenever the screen would pop with the captain or other npc's face on it. Is this a beta issue many of you are seeing, or could this be a machine/driver issue? I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, I haven't had much time to search.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Well patch seems to have broken the 190.62 drivers as well. Anyone else see graphics glitches now with that driver that were fixed before the patch? I had the 195 drivers, went back to the 190 yesterday and it fixed my hitching. This morning after last nights patch, it's all choppy again.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-14-2010, 07:33 AM
195.62 works for me on win 7 64 bits
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-23-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm sure they will have this fixed soon. All new games patch soon after launch to fix driver and graphics problems. It's the way of things. Also, as STO gets off the ground, nVidia will be all over this game in about a month.

But I can say... with 2 GT295s I have no problems. FPS stay about 60-65ish on ground and about 90 in space. However, I don't think they have SLI support because only 1 of my cards heat up, the other's temp doesn't move.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seether
SLI is a different beast, and I don't remember the specific info for fixing the issue with that.

On the other hand, 190.62 drivers for NVIDIA owners willl remove the hitching/stuttering in ground missions for those running a single card. Space has always been smooth and I used to regularly keep up to date with my video drivers.

For reference:
Core i7 920
6GB Triple Channel RAM
Windows 7 x64
GTX 275

Furthermore this also corrected the issues I had with CO.

So to recap: Revert to the 190.62 Drivers if you run a NVIDIA card and have odd hitching/stuttering problems with the ground missions for STO.
-----------------

This doesn't work, neither does any other driver out there for Win 7 64 bit.

i7 920
12GB Triple Channel RAM
two GTX 285 (Ran both SLI, Single, with AND without Physx both single and SLI)

I went through every single driver from 186.81 to the newest 196.21 and changed 3D settings to use my own preference like another said, and the standard use 3D game settings. Every fix idea on this entire forum so far I've tried and none work. Kinda hard to get myself to subscribe if it doesn't work =(

I havn't found anything on Nvidia website either. Any newer ideas would be great, because I can't get 30 seconds into the game from creating char to walking to the first bridge area before glitching, freezing and graphic spamming I'm going to die green black purple blocks everywhere. Entire computer is running at 50C, so heating is not the issue, every other game works perfect. Laptop using 9700GT single card works near perfect...using an old old driver 170 something for vista 64 bit....the 178.whatever drivers I have are for 32 bit and will not install on my 64 bit desktop. if that driver doesn't work, I am out of options.

So anything new other than drivers and graphics settings would be great to hear!!
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Ok! we all know that removing drivers is the most important part before re-installing new ones yes? , otherwise you could cause problems installing over old, so heres what to do, firstly get driver clean pro from here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Install that then we can begin.

Go to programs and uninstall your nvidia graphic drivers and make sure you remove the nvidia driver folder from drive c:/ as well, otherwise it will auto load them again. Once you've uninstalled them reboot into safemode and run driver pro, then select the drivers being nvidia and remove the gpu drivers only. Once you've done that then reboot and install the 195.62 drivers.

Once installed enable sli but don't add any profiles for sto just leave the settings as they are. I'm running win 7 64 bit with 2x 9600gt in sli,

Now my res for monitor is 1680 x 1050 refresh rate is 59hz

Now my ingame settings:

Display mode: full screen
Res: 1680 x 1050
refreshrate 59hz
brightness 100
Aspect ratio wide 6:10
vsync off
half resolution off
Speed / Quality set to full Quality

Advance settings

Anti 4x high quality
dynamic light on
lights high
shadows high
max light 5
max shadows 3
world texture quality 200
character 200
world detai; distance 150
terain 150
high detail objects on
max physics 200
postprod on
visual fx high
soft particals on
bloom quality high
bloom 150
screen on
depth of field on
underwater on
reflections high

Save your settings and see if that helps as I got loads of bsod last week and after the patch and doing the above I get none.

Hope this helps at least one person
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrilmak
SO I'm supposed to revert back to a 6 month old driver to play Star Trek Online when all the newest games require the newest drivers? Cryptic can screw off.
Welcome to the world of PC gaming....

Do you actually the newest drivers work with all previous games? lolz

You will never be able to optimize every game on your computer with 1 driver. New drivers fix stuff and break others, get use to it.

Keeping your drivers up to date is not always a good idea. Nvidia has been pumping out drivers like mad the last few months, they fix one batch of problems and create a whole new batch.

Find one that works descent and leave it alone. -

Hell, I get new drivers installed and end up tweaking for 2 days before I can even play, deal with that....
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-23-2010, 08:24 PM
- And what codebreaker said above, clean clean clean before you install new drivers. Nvidia can be the biggest pain to track down sometimes. Some games save reg entry's with your hardware profile as well, if all else fails, that entry is probably trying to find something that isn't there anymore (the cryengine variants seem to do this a lot). Now don't go smashing the delete button in there, be careful what you mess with.

If your not overclocking, using 3rd party apps, or using SLI sometimes you can just do a dirty install (to a newer version only). I'd recommend a correct clean/reinstall but it does work on occasion.