Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Career Officer
I already had my pre-order borg boff but that was one not tradeable and that made since since it was a preorder item.

I just bought the borg boff from the cstore because it specifically said that it could be traded.

Though upon getting the officer and trying to trade to a fleet mate for training, i find that it can't be traded. even though my other cstore boffs can be traded.

So i just wasted 500 zen thanks to the store telling me that something was tradable that isn't.

This ist he first issue i've had with this game money wise and for one, i want my 500 zen back and/or i want to be able to trade this officer for training.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I think "can be traded" refers to the actual box the Boff comes in, not an already commissioned Boff. If the Borg Boff does not come in a box, forget what I said.
Klingon Helmsman: "Captain, we`re approaching our targets !"

Klingon Captain: "I said Quiet, you idiot ! Now you broke our cloak !"
Career Officer
# 3
06-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
I think "can be traded" refers to the actual box the Boff comes in, not an already commissioned Boff. If the Borg Boff does not come in a box, forget what I said.
It does come in a box yes, and i realize that now, but it does not change the fact that the actual description in the Zstore says that the boff is tradable. Now looking at that before buying it, that says to be that the boff itself is tradable, just like the caitain that i bought and has the exact same description.

So this is very false advertising, and for someone like me who already owned the account wide unlock, a waste of money since it's the exact same boff and is still not tradable for training.

ACCESS DENIED
Career Officer
# 4
06-09-2013, 12:15 PM
It does not say that the BOFF is tradeable.
It says if you trade it you don't get a free replacement.
It does not specify whether that's unpacked or in the box.
Career Officer
# 5
06-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post

Though upon getting the officer and trying to trade to a fleet mate for training, i find that it can't be traded. even though my other cstore boffs can be traded.

So i just wasted 500 zen thanks to the store telling me that something was tradable that isn't...
Once the Borg BO has been commissioned, it becomes 'bound' and can no longer be traded... Its trade-able only as long as it remains in its shipping box...

And this issue isn't limited to the C-Store Borg BO. All 'unique' BOs have exactly the same issue... Once a unique BO is commissioned, they bound...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 06-09-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
06-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
It does not say that the BOFF is tradeable.
It says if you trade it you don't get a free replacement.
It does not specify whether that's unpacked or in the box.
It uses the exact same text description as the Caitain which is tradable. no where in the description for the borg boff does it say that it is in a box and once opened is not tradable. You can't return the box and if you've already bought another boff, you'd assume that since it's the same description it would be the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Once the Borg BO has been commissioned, it becomes 'bound' and can no longer be traded... Its trade-able only as long as it remains in its shipping box...

And this issue isn't limited to the C-Store Borg BO. All 'unique' BOs have exactly the same issue... Once a unique BO is commissioned, they bound...
Yes, i understand this, but the problem is that no where in the actual descrption of the purchase does it state this. it says that it can be traded, it's the same description as the other boffs in the zstore. yet this one once bought and activated can not be traded, and no where in the description does it say that.

It's deceptive/false advertising.

ACCESS DENIED
Career Officer
# 7
06-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Yes, i understand this, but the problem is that no where in the actual descrption of the purchase does it state this. it says that it can be traded, it's the same description as the other boffs in the zstore. yet this one once bought and activated can not be traded, and no where in the description does it say that.

It's deceptive/false advertising.
I believe it does warn you about this in the prompt that it gives you when you open the shipping box...
Career Officer
# 8
06-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
I believe it does warn you about this in the prompt that it gives you when you open the shipping box...
Doesn't matter, the payment has already been made. You can't return something. There is nothing that states on the actual store that the boff is not tradable, it actually says that it is, the same text that the Caitain has, and that is tradable.

ACCESS DENIED
Career Officer
# 9
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Doesn't matter, the payment has already been made. You can't return something. There is nothing that states on the actual store that the boff is not tradable, it actually says that it is, the same text that the Caitain has, and that is tradable.
Since it IS actually tradeable while its still in its box, and sold on the Exchange as such, that does meet the definition of the description...
Career Officer
# 10
06-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Since it IS actually tradeable while its still in its box, and sold on the Exchange as such, that does meet the definition of the description...
It really doesn't. As i've said in every post. The description in the store item is exactly the same as the other store boffs. And the other store boffs can be freely traded.

There is NOTHING in the Borg Boff description that says it's only tradable while in a box. jsut that it's tradable. Now if you bought the other boffs because this boff has the exact same description, you would assume that it works the same way because there is nothing that says otherwise.

Then you buy it and find out that that isn't the case, but you can't return it, you just wasted $5.

ACCESS DENIED