Career Officer
# 51
03-13-2013, 03:16 AM
Meh, at least that thread was created for the lolz. This one wasn't.

But I'm glad the OP got the help he needed, so it's okay that this thread got derailed.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 52
03-13-2013, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
"Star Trek: Online" is not a certified educational system, which gives out a two or four year degree. If you want to compare 'real world' inelegance and skill, I can guarantee you that my list of professional degrees and professional experiences will win out.
I'm not exactly sure how that translates into our discussion. I'm certainly not trying to say that being good at a video game begins to compare to the prestige of earning a doctorate. I'm happy for you that you seem to be doing well though!

I suppose the implication is that great PvPers get that way by spending an absurd amount of time and effort on the game, whereas an average player might direct that focus to more important areas of real life? If that's the case your reasoning is flawed. I've been on teams that devoted disproportionate effort into chasing the top spot, only to get beat down 15-0 (or some low number) by the likes of old QEW or TSI. Devoting more time won't hurt, but having the proper state of mind is more important by an order of magnitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummyname View Post
I read your forum post on how not to be a terrible pre-made, I agree with everything in it. So would they, because they do everything you mentioned in your post. Everything, including the play to improve mentality, the build focusing, the relaxed hierarchy...literally everything.
Count me as skeptical, but if they've really made that kind of transformation I think that's great! I'd love to be proven wrong, and look forward to seeing them grow as a force in PvP. It still won't change my thoughts on groups that are far away from the ideals outlined in the guide though.
Lieutenant
# 53
03-13-2013, 08:36 AM
Jorf let me explain something to you S.O.B. is the oldest fleet left in the game yes we were a fleet long before pandas we were 1 of those fleets stomping you 15-0 on a nightly basis when you were in lore. TSI is the only fleet formed before us. Pandas didnt become a name until 90% of pvpers left the game so ill tell you again like i told you that night on teamspeak congrats on being the second best fleet out of 3 fleets that can form a premade. Now that there has been more pvpers playing i wouldnt even consider pandas top 3. Your old news jorf go back to MWO.
Captain
# 54
03-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalous View Post
Jorf let me explain something to you S.O.B. .
i stopped reading there from laughter.

hehehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Lieutenant
# 55
03-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Ok, I took my Sci/Sci into a pvp match (fleet Nova, CC/DPS (as best I can) build) and I was... well, less than effective.

I want to get more competent in both 1v1 and group pvp so here I am (a good student) looking for a teacher. I missed the bootcamp as I didn't see the adverts but even so...

Somebody please teach me...
I would not mind helping. Send me a message.
@nelson2014.
Lieutenant
# 56
03-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Mai are you still mad about that whooping TSI got the other night. Yes this crappy fleet S.O.B. beat TSI we have beat Pandas we have beat TRH inner circle has never beat us. The difference between us and them is we have never used double shields i have screenshots or voldey or the broken embassy doffs.We win and say gg we lose and say gg unlike the above mentioned fleets.We dont fly with every ship carrying extends like the above mentioned fleets. We play for fun not to be the best. We invite people to our fleet that we like not just because there good players.And while all these fleets are crumbling we are thriving. S.O.B. is not the best pvp fleet out there but we have beaten every fleet that claims to be the best.We have been here to see the rise and fall of all the best fleets and we will be here to see the next. Oh and we actually have the balls to pug.Win or lose we love the game and will help any player of any skill level.
Career Officer
# 57
03-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalous View Post
we play for fun not to be the best. We invite people to our fleet that we like not just because there good players.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

If you're still looking for help even after your thread got jacked, sry bout that, message me in game @edalgo and we'll see about options for your build but also your tactics.

Goodluck!
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
i stopped reading there from laughter.

hehehe
Good one Kai.
Noone.
Career Officer
# 59
03-13-2013, 02:07 PM
What the **** is it with people against extend shields?

It's not like there aren't counters against the ability.

Nadeon, PSW, photonic doffs with proper timing make short work of extends.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lieutenant
# 60
03-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Well snoge if it is that easy to counter teams wouldnt bother carrying extends at all. The fact is that people do use psw to counter it so now teams carry extends on every ship 2 copies on atleast 3 ships. if the skill was so useless and easily countered you wouldnt see every top premade in the game abusing it. The fact is all these premades build there teams around it. So unless you have shockwave on every ship you will never break all extends and you would be called a psw spammer. Nadeon console with photonic doffs is broken everyone knows that and if you use it your called an exploiter. So heres a challenge to everyone if extends is so useless and easily countered dont use it lol. That will never happen.