Ensign
# 1 The Bortasqu'
02-18-2013, 01:06 AM
Dear all,

I may need your further help concerning a competent Bortasqu' build for my tactical Ltd. General in PvE.

I thought about the following setup for my Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser. Please advise if you have any other suggestions.

Fore weapons: 4x Mk XII Disruptor Beam Array OR 3x Mk XII Disruptor Beam Array and 1x Mk XII Photon Torpedo

Aft weapons: 4x Mk XII Disruptor Beam Array OR 3x Mk XII Disruptor Beam Array and 1x Mk XII Photon Torpedo

Consoles:

5x Disruptor Console Mk XI blue
1x Borg
4x Neutronium Alloy OR 3x Neutronium Alloy and 1x HoH'SuS BoP

BOFF:

PH1, HE1
TT1, Beam Overload, Beam Fire at Will OR (if I use Torps) TT1, THY1, Fire at Will
TT1, Beam Overload
EPS1, RSP1, AuxSiF, Aceton
EPW1

So, opinions please. I just tried to use my tactical bortasqu' as classic siege engine, only with DHC+Turrets+Autocannon....awfull. Using this heavy baby a s siege engine means that you must! change your position to always face ur enemy....no fun at all.
Captain
# 2
02-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scytek View Post
Dear all,

I may need your further help concerning a competent Bortasqu' build for my tactical Ltd. General in PvE.

I thought about the following setup for my Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser. Please advise if you have any other suggestions.

Fore weapons: 4x Mk XII Disruptor Beam Array OR 3x Mk XII Disruptor Beam Array and 1x Mk XII Photon Torpedo

Aft weapons: 4x Mk XII Disruptor Beam Array OR 3x Mk XII Disruptor Beam Array and 1x Mk XII Photon Torpedo

Consoles:

5x Disruptor Console Mk XI blue
1x Borg
4x Neutronium Alloy OR 3x Neutronium Alloy and 1x HoH'SuS BoP

BOFF:

PH1, HE1
TT1, Beam Overload, Beam Fire at Will OR (if I use Torps) TT1, THY1, Fire at Will
TT1, Beam Overload
EPS1, RSP1, AuxSiF, Aceton
EPW1

So, opinions please. I just tried to use my tactical bortasqu' as classic siege engine, only with DHC+Turrets+Autocannon....awfull. Using this heavy baby a s siege engine means that you must! change your position to always face ur enemy....no fun at all.
WELL...you insist on using it, you can't expect to fly it the way you would fly any OTHER ship, or you're going to be disappointed.

There ARE any number of Federation cruiser builds that will work with a Bort, you can't expect to build it like a Vor'cha or Negh'var and have it work right, because it's not formatted like any OTHER Klingon BATTLE CRUISER.

I'd suggest you look on the Fed threads, esp. the ones relating to Odyssey or Galaxy builds. These are ships with the type of turn-rate that the Bort shares, and the Oddy is so close they might as well be separated at birth (in a way, they were).
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.
Ensign
# 3
02-18-2013, 01:27 AM
I know that flying a Bortasqu' is...let's say slightly different than any other ship, that's absolutely clear. My goal is to master the Bortasqu', therefore I would appreciate some senior opinions from other users who already use this flying cathedral.
Career Officer
# 4
02-18-2013, 01:56 AM
My Eng. has been flying the Tac Bortasqu' for a while now. I bought him the whol set, started with the command variant, and then switched over to tactical for extra tac consoles.

I equip the entire console set (buff weapons damage, accuracy, turn rate, and reduced cooldown on console abilities) in my engineering slots, and pack 1x neutronium, 1x emitter amp, 2x disruptor induction coils, 2x polaron phase modulators and 1x transphasic compressor. (or for PvP 1x DIC, 1x PPM, 2x TPC, plasmonic leech)

Weapon-wise I load polarized disruptors and transphasics. Typical loadout is single cannon, beam array, rapid-fire tp launcher and cluster torp forward, turret, beam array, rapid-fire launcher and mines aft.

I also equip either the KHG set or the Breen Absolute Zero set.

I mix and match my BOffs depending on the mission but I never enter PvP without Aceton Beam III, and I don't go anywhere without Aux to Dampeners. Usually my tac skills will include some combination of Tac Team, Torpedo High Yield, Beam Overload, Cannon Rapid Fire and either Mine Dispersal Beta or Torpedo Spread.

My combat strategy couldn't be simpler. Charge the enemy, guns blazing. Imobilize them as you pass with either Eject Warp Plasma or Tractor Beam, park some mines, fire aft torpedoes, and if necessary hit Aux to Dampeners and Evasive Maneuvers and throttle back to reverse to pull a (relatively) quick 180.

Usually I destroy NPCs in a single pass, or at least beat them up badly enough that the HoH'SuS can finish them off. Players take a few more hits, but the Subspace Snare comes in handy there. With Aceton Beam debuff I can out-DPS any tacscort (for the first thirty seconds of the duel, anyway) and I can take even more abuse than I can dish out.
"Everybody Chill Out!"

"I'mma cold-blooded killer... Ha ha! get it?"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics

Last edited by sander233; 02-18-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Ensign
# 5
02-18-2013, 02:49 AM
Interesting...for an engi.

Any other opinions on my build and the tact. variant?
Career Officer
# 6
02-18-2013, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Interesting...for an engi.

Any other opinions on my build and the tact. variant?
In my opinion, the Bortasqu' is not the ideal ship to build a beam boat around. A Fleet Vor'cha would serve better. In the Bortasqu' its actually fairly diffult to hold that fairly narrow broadside arc to hit the enemy with all eight beams, unless your fighting something equally immobile like a Borg Cube, in which case you may as well frontload your firepower.

With my build you get decent firepower from all angles but especially the front arc. You use your mass and inertia to your advantage by pulling flat-spins to keep the enemy in your sights (as a tac captain you have an extra maneuverability buff to help with this, but even just cutting the throttle from full forward to reverse makes this thing swing around fairly easily.)
"Everybody Chill Out!"

Captain
# 7
02-18-2013, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
My Eng. has been flying the Tac Bortasqu' for a while now. I bought him the whol set, started with the command variant, and then switched over to tactical for extra tac consoles.

I equip the entire console set (buff weapons damage, accuracy, turn rate, and reduced cooldown on console abilities) in my engineering slots, and pack 1x neutronium, 1x emitter amp, 2x disruptor induction coils, 2x polaron phase modulators and 1x transphasic compressor. (or for PvP 1x DIC, 1x PPM, 2x TPC, plasmonic leech)

Weapon-wise I load polarized disruptors and transphasics. Typical loadout is single cannon, beam array, rapid-fire tp launcher and cluster torp forward, turret, beam array, rapid-fire launcher and mines aft.

I also equip either the KHG set or the Breen Absolute Zero set.

I mix and match my BOffs depending on the mission but I never enter PvP without Aceton Beam III, and I don't go anywhere without Aux to Dampeners. Usually my tac skills will include some combination of Tac Team, Torpedo High Yield, Beam Overload, Cannon Rapid Fire and either Mine Dispersal Beta or Torpedo Spread.

My combat strategy couldn't be simpler. Charge the enemy, guns blazing. Imobilize them as you pass with either Eject Warp Plasma or Tractor Beam, park some mines, fire aft torpedoes, and if necessary hit Aux to Dampeners and Evasive Maneuvers and throttle back to reverse to pull a (relatively) quick 180.

Usually I destroy NPCs in a single pass, or at least beat them up badly enough that the HoH'SuS can finish them off. Players take a few more hits, but the Subspace Snare comes in handy there. With Aceton Beam debuff I can out-DPS any tacscort (for the first thirty seconds of the duel, anyway) and I can take even more abuse than I can dish out.
Your consoles don't make sense you only use one tactical boosting type and you don't use a torpedo tac console that's Star Trek 101

Aceton beam is useless even more so in pvp it's effects negligible you'll get much more bang for your buck with demIII especially if using single cannons

The most efficient way of running one of these is with beams as far as I have seen pvp side

Pve you can run dhc because stuff doesn't move and when it does its all scripted so you know where it's going to shimmy to

Search on YouTube for "bargain bortas" check out thisslers vid he uses MK XI uncommon gear to squish some Borg and to good effect plus if will show you the best way to manoeuvre her into position
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Ensign
# 8
02-18-2013, 05:43 AM
Ok guys, I think I'll try it with this setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL7m...xNxp7A&index=6

looks quite strong to me.
Career Officer
# 9
02-19-2013, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Your consoles don't make sense you only use one tactical boosting type and you don't use a torpedo tac console that's Star Trek 101
Sorry, but I've seen my tp cluster torps cut too many tacscorts in half to buy that common opion that torpedo consoles are worthless. I run a mix of weapons, so I run a mix of consoles. It seems to work.

Quote:
Aceton beam is useless even more so in pvp it's effects negligible you'll get much more bang for your buck with demIII especially if using single cannons
I'd hardly call a 75% reduction in incoming energy weapon damage "negligible." Again, I've experienced this first-hand. I've pulled the teeth of too many Defiants to ever consider aceton beam "useless."
"Everybody Chill Out!"

Career Officer
# 10
02-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Ok guys, I think I'll try it with this setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL7m...xNxp7A&index=6

looks quite strong to me.
Yeah, dual beam banks and a Hargh'peng up front will turn a Cube inside out quite nicely. That's very similar to the weapons loadout I have on my Kamarag.
"Everybody Chill Out!"