Lt. Commander
As most know it is tough being a Science captain these days with most of our powers being called useless, our ships lack weapon slots vs. the other careers, etc. Honestly with my science captain I've been bouncing around between the Vesta, my DSSV I picked up at level 40, and my Regent Assault Cruiser. Recently though I got bored again and decided to pick up a mirror DSSV off of the exchange. I like the BO set up on the DSSV but had been regretting not picking up the Luna because I like the looks better, now I think I have the best of both worlds.

I am really loving this little ship so far and what I am mainly shooting for here is a jack of all trades build that I use mainly in STFs and Fleet Defense events. Just from running them this afternoon this ship seems to really be able to put out some decent DPS as well as having abilities to really help the team out if need be. I am holding off on any of the Borg/Maco/Reman shields or engines, etc. until I hit tier V and open up the Mk XII sets, hence the two piece Jem'Hadar. Anyways, have a look and let me know what you think.

Ship: Mirror DSSV

Hull: 37,095 (with buffs)
Hull Repair Rate: 194.3%
Shields: 12,653 per facing(with buffs)
Turn Rate: 25.3 Degrees/sec (with buffs)
Polaron/Anti-Proton Resist: 23%
All other Damage Type Resist: 36%

Deflector: Assimilated Deflector Array - Mk XI
Engines: Jem'Hadar Combat Impulse Engines - Mk XI
Shields: Jem'Hadar Resilient Shields - Mk XI

Fore:
Mk XII Dual Phased Polaron Beam Bank [CrtD]X2
Mk XII Phased Polaron Beam Array [CrtD][CrtH]
Mk XI(purple) - Photon Torpedo Launcher [Acc][CrtD][Dmg]

Aft:
2X Mk XII Phased Polaron Beam Array [CrtH]X2
Mk XI(purple) - Photon Torpedo Launcher [Acc][CrtD][Dmg]

Eng: Borg Assimilated Console, Mk XII(green) Neutronium Alloy, Mk XII(blue) Ablative Hull Armor
Sci: 2X Mk XI(blue) Field Generator, Tachyokinetic Converter, Zero-Point Energy Conduit
Tac: 2X Mk XI(blue) Polaron Phase Modulator

Bridge Officers:
Lt. Tac: Tactical Team I, High Yield Torpedo II
Lt. Eng: EPTS I, Eng Team II
Ens. Eng: EPTW I
Cmdr. Sci: HE I, PH II, Photonic Shockwave II, Grav Well III
Lt. Cmdr. Sci: TB I, Sci Team II, Grav Well II

So far I'm really liking this build and it feels effective, but I always like to see feedback. I am considering dropping a Field Generator to put in a Flow Capacitor Console, and I've also considered going with the Jem'Hadar deflector for more in flow capacitors, I just really like the SIF bonus from the Borg Deflector, helps a bit more with the survivability of the ship. Bridge officer powers are set up more around utility for helping both my ship and teammates if they get into a spot of trouble. The ablative console is basically in there for when I run the daily Tau Dewa and Fleet Defense since you can come across a lot of damage types depending on enemy groups. With the 3 consoles boosting crit change/damage and 3 purple DOFFs that help torpedo recharge, I'm able to pump out tons of photons and get a lot of crit hits in the 10k+ neighborhood with them so it really helps with burst damage. I've tried quantums but find that the recharge proc hits more often with photons, though I've thought about trying plasma torps to.
Captain
# 2
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
im guessing this is for stf's?
i would change it to

Bridge Officers:
Tac:
TT 1, apb

Eng:
EPTS I, auX2sif(or ET1, RSP)
EPTaux I

Sci:
HE I, tss II, Shockwave2, GW3
tss 1, syphon, TB3
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Mainly STFs and Fleet Defense as that is really all I do anymore to help our fleet and grind for Mk XII Borg/Reman stuff and reputation. I will give your suggestions a try.