# 21
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Sorry, yes. Tactical, I just assumed that was a given
Lieutenant
# 22
03-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
Is the Romulan Torpedo any good? I have seen on chat, not to bother with it.
since the torpedo shots will head for a new target, when the origin target is destroyed, i would say that the romulan torpedo is an overpowered pve tool. furthermore i would say it stands at least for 2000 - 3000 dps

Quote:
btw... What is full of stars? My view screen is out at the moment.
ask Bowman, he is the only human, who has ever seen it ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
This makes sense, I will definitely consider this! In fact I'll test it out now and see how much of a difference it makes. The problem with relying on aux2batt for reducing TT cooldown is you can never get the CD down to 15s so you can't have continual coverage which is a pain. You only get a 30% reduction from aux2batt and the cooldown isn't long enough for it to be reduced twice so you end up with ~20s cooldown for TT1 which can lead to going boom.
that's true, normaly there is an additional gap of 2 or 3 seconds in the tac team cycle. i try to compensate it with rsp and shield repair drones. one unit is always deployed, the other unit will be dropped in an emergency case, or when the first unit is destroyed by npc warp core breaches.

Quote:
I refuse to go back to using torps, I'm sick of them. I'm trying to get a nice cannon build instead - I've always flown 3DHC+torp up front and given that I don't have room for any torp abilities on this ship (only one Tac slot, commander) I think I'll have to pass.
i don't like torpedoes, too. but these romulan torpedoes are fantastic, no they are even better than fantastic
at least, have a look at the damage (combat parser) of a player with this weapon
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-12-2013, 09:16 AM
I would recommend getting rid of omega 3 and training your boff in CRF 3. An then loosing HE and putting polarise hull for the tractor beam break.

With an all cannon build having only CSV is kinda weak.
Captain
# 24
03-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post
I would recommend getting rid of omega 3 and training your boff in CRF 3. An then loosing HE and putting polarise hull for the tractor beam break.

umm. that is pretty much how not to do it. csv gives half of the dmg bonus that crf gives. but you can dish it out to 3 targets instead of one

losing apo3 for that and gaining polarise hull instead of HE is another matter. you basically give up the two best powers you can ask for. HE is a great for clearing debuffs (plasma fire can be nasty), and gets you a great hull heal. and apo... lets compare it to polarise hull which we want because we dont have apo in your case:
apo gives a dmg boost, a movement boost (including tractor beam resistance), defensive boost (if movement is not enough).
while polarise hull will give a better defensive boost (a bit more than double not counting the movement buff from omega) and tractor immunity and reloads faster...

now you basically give him the option to deal less dmg whit crf3 while losing apo causing him to deal less dmg, and you make it up with polarise hull which lowers his tanking ability (which will translate into less dmg long term).
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
03-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacenjacen24 View Post

No offense but this is a terrible suggestion, and evidently you don't know much about Aux2Batt builds because while I only have one cannon ability, the uptime on it is the same as someone who has two copies of CSV2 without using aux2batt.

CRF3 isn't anywhere near as powerful as Omega3 or Beta3. It's not even as powerful as CSV3! Frankly it's got no place in any build IMHO.

I can't get rid of HE either, it's probably the single most vital ability for STFs to kill plasma fires with a small hull heal.

I think based on your suggestions, that your own build could use a little work - and if you're interested I think you should post it. I'd be more than happy to give a few suggestions on how to get a little more punch out of it, or a little more survivablity - whatever it is you're having problems with.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Just as an update, I've managed to add another few thousand to my build.

I've switched to weapons I bought off the exchange:

Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc] [CrtH]x2 x2
Polaron Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Acc]x2 [Dmg] x2
Polaron Turret Mk XII [CrtH]x3 x2

And I also got the upgraded Jem Hadar XII set. I can live with slightly less shield capacity over MACO -and the 2pc passive polaron bonus (13.1%) is very nice.

I also upgraded my tac consoles:

Console - Tactical - Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XI

and my Hangar:

Hangar - Elite Scorpion Fighters

The results of this can be seen in the Parse I made moments ago. Somehow we managed a run of CSE (RML cube order) in 5 and a half minutes which is just absolutely insane.