Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
So I am using Purple doffs, after having to farm and grind to get enough EC to buy them. So I was super excited to have doffs that give my most used abilities a 100% chance to create or have additional effects. My problem is that these do not proc with a 100% chance as stated in the Doff description why is that ??

Mainly I am using the Turret Fabrication Doff, Support Drone Doff, and the Quantum Mortar Doff, and im not sure if the generator doff has a 100% chance as well. So if the description for these says that it has a 100% chance to spawn additional X, why doesn't it always work? It can't be because of some internal cooldown, because I have waited minutes between each use to test this out. Can anyone else confirm this, is there some unseen limitation on 100% chance doffs to cause them not to work.

Please any insight into this mechanic would be greatly appreciated.
Career Officer
# 2
03-11-2013, 08:43 AM
This has been broken for a while. I remember bringing this to the forum once before,
and got shot down by trolls claiming it's working as intended because it procs 100% 30% of the time. lol
Either the description or the workings of the power is wrong, hence it's still broken one way or the other.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-11-2013, 09:01 AM
I find it amazing that for some time now whenever bugs are reported here once, a minor issue related to it has been fixed the rest of the fixes regarding that specific issue are thrown under the rug and not mentioned again.

I don't care if people start flaming on this thread, but they have to realize that the description states that 100% chance to generate 2 additional X. that's it, if that is not how the doff works then it needs to be updated. Cause the price of these doffs is kept high because of the current description they have. Hopefully when they do the Doff system overhaul they will take notice of all these issues and fix them.
Career Officer
# 4
03-14-2013, 09:33 PM
The problem is mathematics and rounding the percentages over 99.5% are rounded up to 100% in the display.But there's still a 0.5% chance of failure, and even though rare, it is possible to fail when it says you have a 100% success rate. it's not a bug, as there's never a guaranteed chance of anything succeeding.
Ensign
# 5 Nope not broken
03-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Nope not broken.

The Purple Armory, Fabrication and Explosiv Doffs have a 100 % chance to produce an additional X, if they proc. The proc chance is 20 % for turrets, motars and support drones.

The Guy (Transporter Duty officer - I think) for the medical/shield Generator has a 40 % chance to proc.
Career Officer
# 6
03-17-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgebhardt View Post
Nope not broken.

The Purple Armory, Fabrication and Explosiv Doffs have a 100 % chance to produce an additional X, if they proc. The proc chance is 20 % for turrets, motars and support drones.

The Guy (Transporter Duty officer - I think) for the medical/shield Generator has a 40 % chance to proc.
But that's not what it says. So either the description or the power, one of it is broken.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008