Commander
I spent 4 hours on "Explore Strange New Worlds" and it doesn't seem to complete. I explored over 7 or 8 systems, defended bases, scanned a couple hundred anomalies in Delta Volanis, aided 3 planets, checked out computers in two different missions, fought Klingons in space and on planet, scanned Gorgons, delivered 10 shield generators, delivered 10 provisions, delivered 10 somethings I can't even remember, defended bases from Orions (I think that's what they were called) both in space and on planet, defended bases from Klingons both in space and on planet.

But, this thing seems to just go one and on without end. Whenever i complete an explore system mission, or Aid Planet mission, it just brings me out to sector space in Delta Volanis, and I'm faced with scanning anomalies until I get another explore system mission. I took it because some wiki said it was a way to get dilithium ore. But it seems to be just a painfully slow way to accumulated skill points.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this mission broken?
Commander
# 2
03-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
I spent 4 hours on "Explore Strange New Worlds" and it doesn't seem to complete. I explored over 7 or 8 systems, defended bases, scanned a couple hundred anomalies in Delta Volanis, aided 3 planets, checked out computers in two different missions, fought Klingons in space and on planet, scanned Gorgons, delivered 10 shield generators, delivered 10 provisions, delivered 10 somethings I can't even remember, defended bases from Orions (I think that's what they were called) both in space and on planet, defended bases from Klingons both in space and on planet.

But, this thing seems to just go one and on without end. Whenever i complete an explore system mission, or Aid Planet mission, it just brings me out to sector space in Delta Volanis, and I'm faced with scanning anomalies until I get another explore system mission. I took it because some wiki said it was a way to get dilithium ore. But it seems to be just a painfully slow way to accumulated skill points.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this mission broken?
The "Explore Strange New Worlds" mission is just a wrapper. You need to also choose one of the three explore cluster missions provided by the main mission giver or one of the other NPCs. After that, they'll start counting.
Commander
# 3
03-11-2013, 08:36 PM
I thought I was exploring a cluster. I don't recall anything in any of the text informing me I had to pick up an additional mission to complete Strange New Worlds. Guess I'll have to read more carefully. Thank you for your answer. I'll keep it in mind. In the mean time, I think I'll just drop it, as I have exhausted my inventory, and I have no other forms of currency to replicate or buy the supplies (such as 10 Shield Generators, etc.) needed to deliver to planets.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
I thought I was exploring a cluster. I don't recall anything in any of the text informing me I had to pick up an additional mission to complete Strange New Worlds. Guess I'll have to read more carefully. Thank you for your answer. I'll keep it in mind. In the mean time, I think I'll just drop it, as I have exhausted my inventory, and I have no other forms of currency to replicate or buy the supplies (such as 10 Shield Generators, etc.) needed to deliver to planets.
explore strange new worlds doesnt need to be aid the planets. just like any exploration cluster mission it can be anything from aid the planet, to scanning a bunch of things in space or on the ground, or combat.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.