Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Does anyone else feel that there are two factions in Star Trek: Online wanting control over the game. I'm not talking about Klingon or Federation... I am talking about;

Cryptic and their lovers;

- Major Fleets
- Major PvPers
- Developers
- Moderators

vs

- Casual Players
- Star Trek "Fans" (People who were fans before this game was released)
- Newbs
- Intelligent People
- Small Fleets

I mean you could easily make a game over the "Battle of Star Trek: Online" rather then the actual game itself. It just seems so pointless, what is the point of offering feedback when certain Developers basically tell you that they are going to do what THEY want and not what the players are demanding.

Why is Cryptic so utterly and completely resistant to any change from "Escorts: Online" or to help out Science or Engineering classes by reworking their abilities?

Why? What exactly do they have to lose from making this game as fair as possible and actually reignite all 5 series fans interest in it? (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT). I cannot see how that is bad thing...

Why do Cryptic simply NOT care if they want a successful game, like they claim. Because all they are doing are running it into the ground and it will become Star Wars: Galaxies... Do they not care now that their next "Cash Cow" Neverwinter is coming out.

Where is your morality Cryptic? Your sense of moral obligation to the players of this mess!? Its like watching your brother, who could be a doctor, throw it away and become a drug addict!

Last edited by janewaywarrior; 03-11-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,510
# 2
03-11-2013, 08:19 PM
If major PvPers really always had their way, it'd be more than just Borticus and Branflakes making posts down in that subforum. And there would be more basics like leaderboards and tournament systems. And the KDF would have a 5 tac console, 5 fore gun Raptor.

Large fleets are also hardly in bed with Cryptic. Millions of dilithium may be easier for them to come by, but it's still a lot to ask of casual fleet members, and a lot of the best stuff is within easy reach for their "average" fleet.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,546
# 3
03-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Nice vent!

Watch out though, there are some pretty intelligent people here who are major PvPers
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
# 4
03-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
If major PvPers really always had their way, it'd be more than just Borticus and Branflakes making posts down in that subforum. And there would be more basics like leaderboards and tournament systems. And the KDF would have a 5 tac console, 5 fore gun Raptor.

Large fleets are also hardly in bed with Cryptic. Millions of dilithium may be easier for them to come by, but it's still a lot to ask of casual fleet members, and a lot of the best stuff is within easy reach for their "average" fleet.
But it is curious that Cryptic tried to nerf the number of Fleet marks after a "select" few Fleets reached Tier 5 in their Starbase. Is that a coincidence or convieniant timing? Same with the loss of Dilithium from the Foundry.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 450
# 5
03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Um, I don't see how your categories fit at all.

I've been a star trek fan for a long time, and so have many other players, as well as most devs. Your list of 'Cryptic Lovers' seems to be more a mishmash of all those you think get more attention than you, and the 'Haters' list could very well just be a bunch of qualities you think apply to yourself and people like you. I've seen plenty of PvPers and hardcore players upset about things, so I doubt they think they always get their way with the devs.

Making this into a battle against the 'favorite children' isn't going to help anything. If you have specific gripes, feel free to post them, but this is just inciting ill-will and argument.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,537
# 6
03-11-2013, 08:27 PM
Your argument. It doesn't work. Things like Reputation are wholeheartedly geared toward casual players and playstyle. So I don't see these "strange bedfellows" you describe.
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!
"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
RIP Sensor Analysis
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,118
# 7
03-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
But it is curious that Cryptic tried to nerf the number of Fleet marks after a "select" few Fleets reached Tier 5 in their Starbase. Is that a coincidence or convieniant timing? Same with the loss of Dilithium from the Foundry.
Cryptic didn't "try to nerf" fleet marks because of fleets hitting T5, they took out IOR because people were exploiting it by afk farming. Also they put the marks back in by upping the amount gained in other events. I don't see what the problem is here.
-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
# 8
03-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
Um, I don't see how your categories fit at all.

I've been a star trek fan for a long time, and so have many other players, as well as most devs. Your list of 'Cryptic Lovers' seems to be more a mishmash of all those you think get more attention than you, and the 'Haters' list could very well just be a bunch of qualities you think apply to yourself and people like you. I've seen plenty of PvPers and hardcore players upset about things, so I doubt they think they always get their way with the devs.

Making this into a battle against the 'favorite children' isn't going to help anything. If you have specific gripes, feel free to post them, but this is just inciting ill-will and argument.
Specific gripes get nowhere as we have seen constantly over the last 3 years. The only things that get addressed are concerns by players who seem to magically get Cryptic's ear. PvPers have always been at the core with the problem in the game and are mainly responsible for what the game is now.

Science Nerfs = PvPers Requested
FAW Nerf = PvPers Requested.

What I don't see is why they cannot make a PvP version and a PvE version of a skill and just mess about with the former.

Cruisers are STILL underpowered DESPITE so many requests for them to be brought into the fold. So what do they do, release a new escort with 5 weapons on the front. Forgive me for saying this but Geko needs to be fired and replaced with somebody who actually can bring balance to the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,537
# 9
03-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Specific gripes get nowhere as we have seen constantly over the last 3 years. The only things that get addressed are concerns by players who seem to magically get Cryptic's ear. PvPers have always been at the core with the problem in the game and are mainly responsible for what the game is now.

Science Nerfs = PvPers Requested
FAW Nerf = PvPers Requested.

What I don't see is why they cannot make a PvP version and a PvE version of a skill and just mess about with the former.

Cruisers are STILL underpowered DESPITE so many requests for them to be brought into the fold.
Because... that's more complicated than you think?
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!
"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
RIP Sensor Analysis
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
# 10
03-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Because... that's more complicated than you think?
Its not complicated at all, the system works pretty much the game as Starfleet Command III practically. It is pretty easy to tweak beams and nerf cannons, look at making Engineering and Science powers useful again and tweak them, introduce new powers ect...

What gets me is that they've had 3 years and they cannot even be asked.

Instead we get a gutted game catered to maximise profit before they move onto exploiting another franchise like Neverwinter and STO gets neglected like Champions does.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 AM.