Lieutenant
# 101
03-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
The more I think about it, the more I wonder why Cryptic hasn't done something like that. Sure, it's not as efficient as logging in every day, but it would help the people who can't or don't log in as much still advance faster than they otherwise would be. It would be catering to the lazy (or time crunched) people who tend to be the ones to buy dilithium and the like with real money in the first place. So I don't get it.

I wouldn't say that Cryptic is entirely uncaring about their fanbase, it's just that the ones in charge of PR are not in charge of the game and vice versa. And they don't always get along either. I also think that Cryptic could use some kind of "voting" or "promotion" system where players could offer their support for other player ideas to get put in the game. Kind of why I wish this community was responsible enough for an upvote/downvote system on the forums. Alas, perhaps someday.
I totally support this notion, the community does need more power in deciding the direction which the game should take. Cryptic should be much more communicative with their player base and not so "like it or lump it."
Career Officer
# 102
03-13-2013, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenumber55 View Post
most modern MMO's have some form of Metagame

mostly so once you hit the level cap people dont leave (I.E. Hellgate) so the Devs set up time gated content that requires muti session play

(getting a "Max Level" toon is nothing to brag about now a days, especially in this game when you can hit VA in about a day in a half)

making it so your 5 hours on the weekends is Equal to me playing a hour a day mon-fri, means now me(and other daily players) can now just eclipses weekend players even faster and create a even deeper gear divide between Daily/Casual/Hardcore players

Well DDO doesn't do that, the "Meta" game in that is Epic level missions where you get Epic Tokens but once again it's all based on time played not how many times you log in. I don't think this system is a widespread or as good as you think.

With regards to your latter comment, explain yourself, because from those few lines at the end you make no sense at all unless your under the delusion that I'm arguing that all hours on the weekends are worth more than hours during the week, which makes no sense at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
I totally support this notion, the community does need more power in deciding the direction which the game should take. Cryptic should be much more communicative with their player base and not so "like it or lump it."

If you're interested in this, then send me a PM, I'm in the middle of setting up a system that would at least offer players a foundation from which to communicate with Cryptic.
Captain
# 103
03-13-2013, 04:43 AM
I don't agree with many of the choices they made, least of all season 7 and stf nuking, but they still in business and I get to play for free so who am I to complain.

They don't give me anything, I don't give them anything totally fair.

That being said, I am not currently playing since the ground sets accodes remain bugged and they removed the drops from stf.

But I certainly don't expect them to do a u-turn, the game is in the right lane by all acounts so no reason to go off the beaten path.
Captain
# 104
03-13-2013, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
That being said, I am not currently playing since the ground sets accodes remain bugged and they removed the drops from stf.
Those were in the last time I did an STF a week ago.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 105
03-13-2013, 06:02 AM
If you either had to get everything after s.7 or already had everything (all pieces + optional), you shouldn't experiece problems.

However, if you were missing say a gun or an optional, the unlock project gets blocked - short of deleting your character and playing it all again, you can't do anything about it, it's gone permanently.

And I know because I have the same bug on several characters.

Also the kling chest piece remainds unavailable for certain toons.

Situation right now, so far their reply is "we can't reproduce it", coming up on 3 months and 3000 views in the thread we have going in the bug section.

Funny because pre season 7 getting the drops kept me playing - now the drops are gone and reward is blocked = zero incentive to play. Good times.

Also insert joke about the advertisment about "60% saved time!!!" blog that supposedly rationalized all of season 7.
So at this point even if it is fixed what about all the time wasted? If you include the 2 months of going through the reputation system we are coming up on half a year.
Let me say that one more time, half... a... year.
Community Moderator
# 106
03-13-2013, 06:22 AM
Hi,

This thread has now most definitely run its course, and isn't providing any constructive feedback, so due to this as well as the nature of the original post/high number of flaming/trolling posts and/or reported posts in this thread; I'm closing this thread down.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Thanks,

syberghost
Community Moderator
(and Star Trek fan since 1966)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Closed Thread