Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,103
# 11
03-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Its not complicated at all, the system works pretty much the game as Starfleet Command III practically. It is pretty easy to tweak beams and nerf cannons, look at making Engineering and Science powers useful again and tweak them, introduce new powers ect...

What gets me is that they've had 3 years and they cannot even be asked.
Aaaaaaaaand how would you limit those powers to their specific areas?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
# 12
03-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Aaaaaaaaand how would you limit those powers to their specific areas?
Well first...

Scrap powers like "Photonic Officer" and replace them with useful science abilities like this, just an example and an idea.

Defensive Pattern: Sierra

Science Lt Commander at 1
Commander at 2 + 3

Takes your ship into a roll, providing 50% All Energy and Kinetic Damage Resistance for 30 seconds, boosts target-able science power exotic particle damage by 25%. Increases healing by 25% (Just a quick thought, a defensive version of Attack Pattern Alpha and Omega)


2-min cooldown

Beams can have their base accuracy increased and damage by 50%

Cannons have their damage nerfed 10% and all suffer from -20 Weapon Power drain when firing because they are bigger "guns"

Oh and ALL Escorts should have base hulls reduced by 50%. Defense would be unlinked from "speed" and every individual ship would have their own defensive stat. Shield modifiers remain the same.

All Cruisers receive at 10% turn rate increase

Last edited by janewaywarrior; 03-11-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,246
# 13
03-11-2013, 09:44 PM
If the PvP community has Cryptic's ear, why have there been no PvP updates, hmmm? There are actually less maps now than there were in the beginning. And how about that territory control system eh? Or those maps from the Romulan FE series that were supposed to be adapted for PvP?

Stop trying to pin blame for what you don't like about the game. It isn't constructive.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
# 14
03-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
If the PvP community has Cryptic's ear, why have there been no PvP updates, hmmm? There are actually less maps now than there were in the beginning. And how about that territory control system eh? Or those maps from the Romulan FE series that were supposed to be adapted for PvP?

Stop trying to pin blame for what you don't like about the game. It isn't constructive.
In that case, how is anything we say constructive... we know full well that what we try to make points about Cryptic ignores. So my point is, there is no point to making any sort of suggestion or trying to improve the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,103
# 15
03-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Defensive Pattern: Sierra

Science Lt Commander at 1
Commander at 2 + 3

Takes your ship into a roll, providing 50% All Energy and Kinetic Damage Resistance for 30 seconds, boosts target-able science power exotic particle damage by 25%. Increases healing by 25% (Just a quick thought, a defensive version of Attack Pattern Alpha and Omega)
I hate everything else, but this is hilarious.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
# 16
03-11-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I hate everything else, but this is hilarious.
Hell Voyager does it, so does the Enterprise-E and besides, its about time there was a defensive version of Alpha that Science can use.

Its not that hard to do because Cryptic made it so your ship rolls when it is destroyed.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 336
# 17
03-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Cryptic's sense of moral what?
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 18
03-11-2013, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Does anyone else feel that there are two factions in Star Trek: Online wanting control over the game. I'm not talking about Klingon or Federation... I am talking about;

Cryptic and their lovers;

- Major Fleets
- Major PvPers
- Developers

- Moderators

vs

- Casual Players
- Star Trek "Fans" (People who were fans before this game was released)
- Newbs
- Intelligent People
- Small Fleets
Major PVPers and Developers are at odds and have been for almost three years. They're not on the same side of anything.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,103
# 19
03-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Hell Voyager does it, so does the Enterprise-E and besides, its about time there was a defensive version of Alpha that Science can use.

Its not that hard to do because Cryptic made it so your ship rolls when it is destroyed.
Oh I know, I just can't wait until I can make my hideously huge Vo'quv or Galaxy-X do a barrel roll. That mental image made my day.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
# 20
03-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserfish View Post
Cryptic's sense of moral what?
Obligation. Simply: We give them our money to improve the game, not p*** about with it.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:16 PM.