Lieutenant
# 1 Can't enter Hromi Cluster?
02-23-2013, 09:08 AM
I have, "To Boldly Go: Explore the Hromi Cluster", and "Explore the Hromi Cluster".

The pink nebula isn't letting me in.

No one in zone answered my question so here I am.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Is it just failing to give you a pop-up with an option? Navigating to the Hromi Cluster leaves you too far from the location triggering the entry message. In fact the trigger area seems to be exceedingly small. Fly at minimum speed, trying to reduce distance to cluster to 0.0. And then fly around some more. It takes me a couple of minutes to get in.
Lieutenant
# 3
02-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Holy crap that is a small activation spot.
Fix that Cryptic. It only stays on screen a split second it is so small.

edit: The cluster appears to be broken. I can scan anoms but if it gives me an explore option, it just disappears. People must be asleep or don't speak English as they don't respond inside yet they are moving/sitting around.

edit2: Click depart system...nothing happens. Even heading for a border just gives me the ready to warp, click warp, and still stuck inside. Looks like I am giving up on this zone for now.

Last edited by itpalg; 02-23-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Captain
# 4
03-06-2013, 02:13 PM
According to the analysis by my Science officer Lt. Spork, the cluster is actually very, very small. It only looks big on our side of the dimension in which the cluster exists. When your ship enters at the right point, is being shrunk proportionally smaller and as a result due to the physical laws of that dimension.

The side effect of this "shrinking" is that your sensors do not operate as they should, so "anomalies" might look like "systems", or visa versa.

To exit the cluster you must return on the exact path that you came in.

I hope this helps.
Captain
# 5
03-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Hromi Cluster still broken. Fix it Cryptic!!!
Career Officer
# 6
03-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Been this way since S7 started, even being at 0.00 light years isn't close enough, you need to be closer. It might get fixed in S9 or so
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Lieutenant
# 7
03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
I have learned you have to kind of come up fron underneath.
I think I have come across another system that is the same.
Career Officer
# 8
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
i have done this cluster 30 times since s7. this is what works for me. once you are in pi canis sector, auto-navigate to the hromi cluster. let the ship stop. you should be 0.15 light years away from the center. aim the ship towards the center of the cluster and move at less than impulse 2 until you get the interact. the transparency of the interact makes it difficult to spot against the pinkish background, hence the slow speed.