Career Officer
# 31
03-13-2013, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
oh yea, that.
technically when that happened you had all your boffs replaced, breaking the system.
but, like i said, providing your boffs stay the same you should only have to set your tray up once per ship now.
Ah you see but thats the point different ships require different boffs and and different consoles equipped so by design things change my beam boat doesn't need CSV.

and this is the issue without the slots saving to a file I can load with different configs changing ships is just pure annoyance.
Lieutenant
# 32
03-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainloh View Post
the inability to Link your item into the Exchange to quickly search for it, instead you need to type it out.
Ummm, yes you can , just drag the item onto the search bar
Ensign
# 33 TOP 3 things that annoy me:
03-13-2013, 04:24 AM
#1 People whining about stupid stuff.
Nerf this, nerf that! Waaah Waaah Waaah. Mommy my builds not as good as his nerf it!

#2 Not being able to play the game.
Crashing when changing instances or zones.
Waiting on others dealing with the game having crashed on them.
This new glitch, since the alteration to the launcher, where it just sits there with a pop-up window that reads LOADING.

#3 Feds. That is all.
Captain
# 34
03-13-2013, 05:20 AM
1st : Too high dilithium costs everywhere.

2nd : People whining about Op this, Op that, I can't beat that in PVP, and my build is super-awesome.
Lieutenant
# 35
03-13-2013, 06:29 AM
AFKers and leeches in STFs and FAs.

Lack of new endgame content (that doesn't "challenge" players with semi-random one hit deaths).

Reputation timegate click hell grind.

Enormous dilithium costs all over the place, from doff upgrinder to space gear to starbase projects.

Ridiculous numbers of doffs needed for starbase projects.

Nonsensical handling of Romulan boff traits.

Hairstyle/eyebrow anomalies during beamout.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
03-13-2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisoverlord View Post
Ah you see but thats the point different ships require different boffs and and different consoles equipped so by design things change my beam boat doesn't need CSV.

and this is the issue without the slots saving to a file I can load with different configs changing ships is just pure annoyance.
Each of my toons has three ships. To cater for this each toon usually has about 10-12 BOffs. I assign the relevant BOffs to each ship and place the abilities on the tray for each. If I go to ESD and change my ship it automatically places the correct BOffs where I placed them and puts their abilities on the tray where I placed them.

The only way that this system can fal down is if you're re-training a BOff each time you change ship. As soon as you retrain a BOff with a new ability that ability is taken from the tray. That makes sense, however, as you can't ask a system to remember something that has been replaced.
Career Officer
# 37
03-13-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Each of my toons has three ships. To cater for this each toon usually has about 10-12 BOffs. I assign the relevant BOffs to each ship and place the abilities on the tray for each. If I go to ESD and change my ship it automatically places the correct BOffs where I placed them and puts their abilities on the tray where I placed them.

The only way that this system can fal down is if you're re-training a BOff each time you change ship. As soon as you retrain a BOff with a new ability that ability is taken from the tray. That makes sense, however, as you can't ask a system to remember something that has been replaced.
Nope, this doesn't work when you cycle more than one ship in a list for for example, if I go to my D'Kyr then back to my Breen it's fine, but if I go D'Kyr, Breen, Nova then back to D'Kyr the D'kyr slots will be ruined.

I just checked this and my layouts are now ruined, especially the tactical slots, even though the boffs stay in position now their powers still fall off the tray if you cycle through too many ships. being able to save the layout for sure would solve this.

Thanks for screwing up my trays by making me test this

On the plus side thats the only reason I've had to log back into the game :p

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 03-13-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 38
03-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Trekkies.................................................. ....

Career Officer
# 39
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
...other people.....
Career Officer
# 40
03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
  • game bugs that are still here after 3yrs
  • lockboxes
  • doff grinder dil costs
  • excessively pointless annoying repetitive grinding
  • everything since F2P started = pay to win
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!