Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
# 1 No Dev Forum Participation?
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
When I was clicking through the various forum areas looking for some news as to why since ~1700 EDT STO wasn't connecting and found the Dev Tracking section - all 0 posts. Even SWTOR has devs still posting despite the downsizing of Bio.

Either the tracker section is broke or PW is not allowing/encouraging devs to post replies to the forum. I'll hope the dev tracker section is broke.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,655
# 2
03-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyblades View Post
When I was clicking through the various forum areas looking for some news as to why since ~1700 EDT STO wasn't connecting and found the Dev Tracking section - all 0 posts. Even SWTOR has devs still posting despite the downsizing of Bio.

Either the tracker section is broke or PW is not allowing/encouraging devs to post replies to the forum. I'll hope the dev tracker section is broke.
We have 6 Dev posts in the last 24 hours (and that's low compared to most 24 hour periods here). Compared to some MMOs, that's a fair bit of Dev participation. How much more do you want?
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,825
# 3
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
BranFlakes is on vacation this week...
(apparently soaking up some sun on a Death.., ...I mean Cruise-ship some where.)

Which is why v4liance has been posting...

TacoFang is always dwelling somewhere in the mists (or lettuce hedges if one prefers)...

And the Big Boss, Dstahl posted very early this morning...
(at least early for me on the East Coast... He's usually lurking.... ... I mean posting after midnight my time)

When Bran's away, it's always quieter around here.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 03-12-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,446
# 4
03-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Reading the post in addition to the thread title, it's clear the poster is wondering why the Dev Tracker section of the forums lists zero posts. It's not really about if Devs post or not.

To the OP when the forum switch occured after PWE acquired Cryptic the Dev Tracker Section along w/the old posts losing the posters' names et al were broken.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
# 5
03-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Reading the post in addition to the thread title, it's clear the poster is wondering why the Dev Tracker section of the forums lists zero posts. It's not really about if Devs post or not.

To the OP when the forum switch occured after PWE acquired Cryptic the Dev Tracker Section along w/the old posts losing the posters' names et al were broken.
Whew, for a second I thought we were abandoned. Thanks. That does explain it..
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,434
# 6
03-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyblades View Post
Whew, for a second I thought we were abandoned. Thanks. That does explain it..
No, it's the CO forums that are facing abandonment, not the STO forums.
-------------------------------------------

"You're as crazy as the people on Twitter!" - Samuel L. Jackson
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 52
# 7
03-13-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyblades View Post
Whew, for a second I thought we were abandoned. Thanks. That does explain it..
Here's an excellent twitter-bot keeping track of all the devs!

https://twitter.com/STO_DevTracker
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,873
# 8
03-13-2013, 08:23 AM
Bleep-Boop-Whir-Clank-Beep-Whir-BEEP!
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy



Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,972
# 9
03-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Bleep-Boop-Whir-Clank-Beep-Whir-BEEP!
I think it's trying to communicate...Quick get some hot sauce


Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,655
# 10
03-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Bleep-Boop-Whir-Clank-Beep-Whir-BEEP!
I am going to attempt first contact with this strange Taco based life-form using the universal greeting.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep mini bong.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.