Empire Veteran
I cannot tell you how frustrating The Big Dig mission is when you are trying to scan those 4 plants. I can find the one in the closest middle and off to the right. I also find one further to the north of the map but there is always One MORE plant required and to date I have never laid eyes on more than 3.

Can anyone give me some insight as to where the last of these things is hidden?
Captain
# 2
03-12-2013, 10:24 PM
I've never done the daily, so I couldn't actually tell you where they are; but if you want, there is a walkthrough with a map here: http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_The_Big_Dig/Walkthrough.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
I've never done the daily, so I couldn't actually tell you where they are; but if you want, there is a walkthrough with a map here: http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_The_Big_Dig/Walkthrough.
Actually, yes that does help a lot. Thank you! I can see where that last one is now. It was hidden in a separate little hidey hole not part of the main trenches at all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-12-2013, 10:53 PM
I've never done the big dig, but doesn't the scanner work? If you press "V" you should see a blue light pointing to the nearest interactive object. If the plants are interactive you should be able to find them this way. But it will also point to crates, doors, and anything else that you can interact with, so sometimes it's a little wonky.
Captain
# 5
03-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
I've never done the big dig, but doesn't the scanner work?
The scanner will just point towards the closer interactive object and in the Big Dig there are a LOT of them, the consoles to lower the force fields, the crates with the power things, the things to put the powers things in ... the plants are drowned because the place is littered with interactive junk that is still active after its no longer required, even if you complete it its still going to point to the crates and the consoles because they are never disabled after their usefulness is gone.

Worst the enemies on the trench respawn so you tend to ending up going solo against 10+ enemies since they were meant to be taken by a group and guess what? nobody you teamed with is still grouped as they all beamed out.

Also the worst thing is this, on other FAs with optional objectives you have a colored circle that shows were the optional objective is but Big Dig doesnt so unless you know were they are, and they are hidden ... at least one is, you are just running around looking for them since there is exactly ZERO information were they are.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-13-2013 at 12:40 AM.