Captain
# 1 Proposal
02-27-2014, 08:18 AM
When Arc comes out, I think that there should be some type of Arc pack, giving items for some of the PWE Games. I think one of them should be an Arc Class:

Minimum Rank: Vice Admiral
Hull Strength: 37000
Crew: 600
3 Fore
3 Aft
BOFF Stations: Commander Science, Lieutenant Commander Engineering, Lieutenant Universal, Ensign Tactical, Lieutenant Universal
Consoles: 4 Sci, 4 Eng, 2 Tac
Turn Rate: 13
Shield Modifier: 1.34
Impulse Modifier: 0.19
Console - Universal - Subspace Arcwave
- Takes 8 seconds to charge
- 15,535 Kinetic Damage to enemies within 6 KM within 45 degrees of the front (boosted by Subspace Decompiler)
- 10% Chance to create a level I Gravity Well
- To self: -30 Auxiliary power for 10 seconds
- To self: 90 sec recharge
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!

Last edited by thegalaxy31; 02-28-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Captain
# 2
02-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Does anyone agree with my proposal?

Quote:
Captain
# 3
02-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Didn't they make a Steam ship? So yes to your idea!

Wasn't the Steam ship like Tier 1 or 2 though? So probably would modify your idea to be a much lower tier?
Captain
# 4
02-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Unlike Steam, ARC plays to a captive audience due to it eventually being mandatory. I do not see them needing to add any ARC Class ships just to advertise their platform - or try to bring more players to ARC. We will already be stuck here - especially if PWE decides to drop Steam at some point in the future.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 5
02-27-2014, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Didn't they make a Steam ship? So yes to your idea!

Wasn't the Steam ship like Tier 1 or 2 though? So probably would modify your idea to be a much lower tier?
The Steamrunner comes as a T1 and T5.5 version for the price - along with some other items in the Pack.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 6
02-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
The Steamrunner comes as a T1 and T5.5 version for the price - along with some other items in the Pack.
Oh cool.

Then yes to both!
Captain
# 7
02-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Unlike Steam, ARC plays to a captive audience due to it eventually being mandatory. I do not see them needing to add any ARC Class ships just to advertise their platform - or try to bring more players to ARC. We will already be stuck here - especially if PWE decides to drop Steam at some point in the future.
I do not think it is actually legal to drop out of steam, or something like that. Basically, since they are on steam, they have to STAY on steam. I do not remember the specifics though, I just know that they apparently got into trouble when they originally hinted at getting out of steam
Captain
# 8
02-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
I do not think it is actually legal to drop out of steam, or something like that. Basically, since they are on steam, they have to STAY on steam. I do not remember the specifics though, I just know that they apparently got into trouble when they originally hinted at getting out of steam
I am certain that Steam and Cryptic have a contract with a termination/renewal date - especially since Cryptic does not own the Trek IP, as that contract would need to have been approved by CBS too.
Captain
# 9
02-27-2014, 01:34 PM
To make it fair, there should be an Arc class type for each faction.

Quote:
Career Officer
# 10
02-27-2014, 01:51 PM
ArcRoyal class perhaps? Increase the shield mod to be more on par with other science ships.