Career Officer
# 31
03-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
I don't recall any Trek movie being smart....WOK was a basic revenge flick.

maaaaaybe TMP but a lot of people find it boring
I loved McCoy in his Disco Stu outfit in TMP. I guess I prefer the adventure to continue, rather than a retelling or rebooting what has already happened. TMP and TWOK were primo special effects in their day.I just prefer the original crew just that.ORIGINAL.If JJ wants to do a Trek movie fine, do it with a new crew,a few decades after TNG. I have to agree though the movies did not do the TV series (either generation) much justice. I guess a TV series returning wouldn't work either.Id welcome an animated series with TNG;DS-9, voyager, voice talent, and storyline continuing the prime universe. It is a sad ugly truth that godawful reality shows sell. So any hopes of a new TV series (acted) is pretty low.

I just don't care for JJ trek. Sorry if I aint grabbing a spoon to eat his steaming Trek pile. If people like it fine, so be it.
The Photobomb of Khan.
Career Officer
# 32
03-13-2013, 09:13 PM
I think it'd be better if they replaced all the red shirts with that species that was following Scotty around and climbing on everything. Could you imagine a horde of those critters charging the baddies?
I miss my _.
Captain
# 33
03-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Undiscovered Country was a lot more cerebral than people give it credit for. Sure theres a lot of action-y stuff, with all the sabotage, prison escape plot, and all that crap. But it also has Kirk overcoming his racism, coming to terms with the death of his son, and accepting his age, the argument that logic has it's flaws as well, death, and whether something exists beyond it, and whether it's more honorable to go down fighting, or admit that you need help. Plus it has some of the greatest lines in Star Trek history.

Please, by all means, do tell me where the Warp Core on the JJprise is.

It don't look like the guts of a huge ship. It looks like a brewery.
TUC is a good film with soome depth and unlike Picard, Kirk came to terms with loss instead of the writers using his off screen loss of a family he almost was never around to justify him turning into brooding angry "action" Picard. Sad to say no new TNG movies is not really a loss.

Oh and the warp core is behind the tank where you throw in the hops and brewers yeast.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 34
03-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Where was the warp core on the TOS Enterprise? There was a blinky console, with a raised platform above it, another console in a screened-off area, and another screened area with pipes arranged in a series of triangles, but nothing that looked like the "hot" part of a matter/antimatter mix chamber, much less a warp generator...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
03-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
It's not sitting right out in the open where any stray phaser shot during a boarding raid can blow it, and the ship, up.
And they don't have important machinery that might need maintenance and/or get damaged in battle behind wall sections that explode and kill people with shrapnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
I loved McCoy in his Disco Stu outfit in TMP. I guess I prefer the adventure to continue, rather than a retelling or rebooting what has already happened. TMP and TWOK were primo special effects in their day.I just prefer the original crew just that.ORIGINAL.
Meh, recasting was good enough for Gene Roddenberry when the subject was brought up (I think around the 80s) its good enough for me. besides it means the characters are able to live on long after the actors die

Quote:
If JJ wants to do a Trek movie fine, do it with a new crew,a few decades after TNG.
Nobody cared about that anymore, heck less and less people started to care when they started doing it. have you seen the ratings for DS9-ENT.