Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
03-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenmia View Post
As nice as it would be to have a 3rd faction added to the game, I get a very bad feeling that the community desire to have a 3rd faction is rushing way past what the most likely outcome of not having a 3rd faction and instead having some sorta store line mission addition and weapons, equipment, console, Boff ,Doff content addition instead.

As far as a playable scimitar? Or any playable romulan ships at all for that matter... Well they are releasing Jem'Hadar, Breen, Mirror Uny, Tholian, Ferangi and Cardassian ships through lock boxes, lobi and Christmas events. It is more likely that romulan ships will be made available through those methods instead, with the likely hood that the scimitar will be a carrier. If you have watched Nemesis, especial Data and Picards escape, you would know why I assume they would make the scimitar a carrier, and not a lancer/thaloron special.

But... yeah... that is the most likely out come, lockbox ships, lobi ships, additional missions, weapons, equipment, consoles.

With only 4 cannon ships, they would have to make up a bunch of romulan ships, as well as mix in other factional sources, just like they had to with the klingon playable faction, they had to add Nausican and Orian race ships.

Then the question comes up, what romulan perspective will we come from to begin with? we have 2 now! The refugees current mission are helping and sela vengance romulans...

This duality disparity would cause additional confusion as to being able to make a romulan 3rd playable faction. The refugees we are helping are more suitable in my opinion, if a 3rd faction was released, but then you would face a very problematic content limitation issue, cause the refugees don't have the military ties as the Tal'she'ar. So from a ready to place content view point, a tal'she'are at war with the klingons and feds, in legue with the hunters and some others would have more content to base a faction on, and it would be easier to apply PvP with them.

But still... it just seems so much more like it will simply be a mission and equipment release, and not the 3rd faction hopes everyone is looking for.
Stahl has already said many times that a Romulan would not come from a lockbox or other lockbox style drop item.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Republic Veteran
# 12
03-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norai2011 View Post
Have no fear guys. When there is a Romuan playable faction not only will the scimitar be available but you will have three, yes count em, three to choose from.

Why there will be your standard tactical version that comes with all the cone of radiation death that we all know and love! Or you can choose from the brand new science edition that comes with reverse engineered tractor probes that have been reverse engineered from Borg technology to help ensnare your foes. Last but not least we have the special limited edition engineering edition that comes with a convenient and easy to use hatchback for extra storage!

All these and yours can be had for the low low price of 25 dollars a ship or 50 dollars for all three. Why yes that is a total of 25 dollars of saving that we are passing on directly to you the customer.

So come on down to Crazy Taris's used ships where the deals are going supernova!
I actually would love a scimitar 3 pack... All with at least one fighter bay and standard cloak... with these three consoles.... combat cloak... Thalaron generator ( alows for a short charge up burst of thalaron does extra damage to unshielded foes think phaser lance but in a cone for hull damage) ... secondary shielding( allows for .25 maybe less shielding in cloak and grants .25 maybe less shielding when shields are disabled.)

2 console synergy enhanced stealth and maneuverability, possibly shield systems ?

set bonus 3 the full transformation longer charge time, slightly larger cone and more damage thalaron blast.

similar layout to bortas or jem dreadnaught( same weapon positions)

something like that would be cool.

But there should be a basic non cstore version as well, also put a restriction on fighters being not useable during cloak and auto return when entering cloak and apply cooldown.

Last edited by cryptkeeper0; 03-13-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Commander
# 13
03-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norai2011 View Post
Last but not least we have the special limited edition engineering edition that comes with a convenient and easy to use hatchback for extra storage!
I had to lol on that one. However, it may have a better Boff layout for your backseat drivers.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.
Career Officer
# 14
03-13-2013, 11:30 AM
im tellin you there are gonna be some pissed off people becaseu my money is that ther will be no rom faction just a new series of stories to play
Career Officer
# 15
03-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
http://gateway.startrekonline.com/te...n_Romulan.wtex

"Choose Faction"

I think it's a safe bet.
Not sure why this keeps coming up as "proof" or even "evidence" that there will be a Romulan faction. Filenames being ambiguous aside, that logo looks like one used on the old Factions info page from the main website. There are Borg and Cardassian factions there too. You're not able to choose/play them as a faction either.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
03-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Don't like the idea of another 3-pack, but would make sense to split it up so we don't have an overpowered Romulan ship. But how would the Thalaon Attack work as a player version?

We give it the same lethality as the NPC version with a 10-15 minute cooldown? In PvP it would be very OP, but yet at the same time, in order to fire you have to come to a complete stop in order to deploy the device (spread the wings) and to fire. Which means unless the other player is the suicidal type, it's easy to avoid. So therefore, not so OP.

Or we go with a typical 4-minute cooldown with a toned down version that is similar a Romulan Shotgun (similar to the Galaxy Dreadnaughts shotun that's rumored to be worked on?
Career Officer
# 17
03-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Very meh about that particular ship. Not particularly nice to look at and will probably have a turn-rate comprable to the Kremlin.
Utterly hilarious
Rihannsu
# 18
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptkeeper0 View Post
I actually would love a scimitar 3 pack... All with at least one fighter bay and standard cloak... with these three consoles.... combat cloak... Thalaron generator ( alows for a short charge up burst of thalaron does extra damage to unshielded foes think phaser lance but in a cone for hull damage) ... secondary shielding( allows for .25 maybe less shielding in cloak and grants .25 maybe less shielding when shields are disabled.)

2 console synergy enhanced stealth and maneuverability, possibly shield systems ?

set bonus 3 the full transformation longer charge time, slightly larger cone and more damage thalaron blast.

similar layout to bortas or jem dreadnaught( same weapon positions)

something like that would be cool.

But there should be a basic non cstore version as well, also put a restriction on fighters being not useable during cloak and auto return when entering cloak and apply cooldown.
Let's see... I'm not sure if it would be a 1 or 2 hangar ship. But it would almost certainly have at least 1.

It'll probably have at least 1 universal station. likely either a rank 2 or 3. So:
uni; 2
eng; 2
tac; 2
sci; 2

then the subvariants will get upgrades to a specific part. With Tac getting a 4 instead of a 2 or something. But that only adds up to 10 and VA ships get 12 total. Maybe up the uni to 3 and toss in a rank 1 slot of this particular specialty? that'd make 12.

consoles, maybe 3/3/3 with a 4 in the focus.

Hulls stats?
Maybe a a 4/2 weapons loadout? It did focus on forward firing weapons. Not sure about the other stats.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Empire Veteran
# 19
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM
I have a feeling that regardless of anything else, the Scimitar probably would be the 'flagship'...ship, for Romulans, and be a 3-pack as such. Otherwise, they'd have to make a brand-new flagship from scratch for Romulans.

Career Officer
# 20
03-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I have a feeling that regardless of anything else, the Scimitar probably would be the 'flagship'...ship, for Romulans, and be a 3-pack as such. Otherwise, they'd have to make a brand-new flagship from scratch for Romulans.
I don't see why they wouldn't make one from scratch.

I think what'll happen is the Romulans won't have a dedicated flagship ala Odyssey on release. Instead, they'll get one as a C-Store release with a slightly weaker T version from a T5 fleet shipyard that'll all come out sometime around the STO anniversary event after the Romulans release.