Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Survivor of Remus
# 21
03-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Stahl has already said many times that a Romulan would not come from a lockbox or other lockbox style drop item.
Right or wrong about the lock boxes aside, I am still concerned about so many having high hopes about the idea of a 3rd faction when nothing has been conformed. Been through a few MMOs and seen high hypes get brought up and then the actual patch roles out and BOOM! A lot of mad and flaming goes around.

We simply don't know if a 3rd faction is being released to begin with. It is desired to have a 3rd faction, clearly it is strongly desired but it is still unknown.

All we know with any certainty is that there is something romulan related coming, and it is implied to be big. Even the data mined link to the gateway with the nice little picture is almost pure speculation and doesn't reliable conform a thing.

These kinds of teases and hype drivings are nothing new. Many MMOs before this one have played PR hype engine games. Many Games before MMOs, many movies, TV shows before video games, even further back in history before movies could be produced, hype engines have existed for far more then entertainment reasons.
Lieutenant
# 22
03-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Now I just can't wait to see a three way battle now that will make pvp far more interesting.
Ensign
# 23
03-13-2013, 03:09 PM
There is no romulan faction this update, its a FE story arc dealing with romulans. Oh and all the data mining that people are bringing up is no indication that a romulan faction is incoming.
Captain
# 24
03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Stahl has already said many times
Stahl says things all the time that don't come to pass the way he says.
Captain
# 25
03-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I have a feeling that regardless of anything else, the Scimitar probably would be the 'flagship'...ship, for Romulans, and be a 3-pack as such. Otherwise, they'd have to make a brand-new flagship from scratch for Romulans.
I don't think the scimitar would be the flagship.

Nero's Narada is obviously the flagship. And it's release will finally give people a chance to purchase the Red Matter Capacitor without needing the collector's edition.
Rihannsu
# 26
03-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Nero's Narada is obviously the flagship.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Narada

Mining vessel

Right ...
Rihannsu
# 27
03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
I don't see why they wouldn't make one from scratch.

I think what'll happen is the Romulans won't have a dedicated flagship ala Odyssey on release. Instead, they'll get one as a C-Store release with a slightly weaker T version from a T5 fleet shipyard that'll all come out sometime around the STO anniversary event after the Romulans release.
Maybe people who make a romulan char on the first day will get the "prototype" version for free, ala the Oddy giveaway.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 28
03-13-2013, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
That thing was no mining vessel. C'mon, you saw it. It blew up a planet!

Calling the Narada a mere miner is like calling the Enterprise a garbage scow or something.
Republic Veteran
# 29
03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Maybe people who make a romulan char on the first day will get the "prototype" version for free, ala the Oddy giveaway.
We have no clue about another Faction, or how it will be added (if it exists) in the game. If it will be just like the KDF or FED or something unique and different from the two main. We don't know how we would get ships, will be like the FED and KDF or something completely different.

We have no clue how a third faction will function, and people expecting it to be exactly like the FEDs or KDF are going to be more disappoint than not getting a faction at all.

I don't see a third faction working like the other two. those two faction were created during a different time in this game, and a new faction will most likely reflect the current Era.

Republic Veteran
# 30
03-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
That thing was no mining vessel. C'mon, you saw it. It blew up a planet!

Calling the Narada a mere miner is like calling the Enterprise a garbage scow or something.
lol its a mining vessel with borg tech and it used red matter to destroy Vulcan.... but its no flag ship....

I'd say scimitar or a updated version or a new ship.....