Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Ensign
# 41
03-14-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillee View Post
There will not be a playable Romulan faction with this update.
what is the may 2013 countdown about then
Captain
# 42
03-14-2013, 03:12 PM
This is not a thread about whether or not the Romulan faction is hitting in May. Please keep that fight in the threads where it is appropriate.

Now for those of us who aren't killjoys, I hope the Scimitar gets three versions too! One without fighters would really make my day. The original Scimitar was kinda meh, but when cryptic put that Romulan green on it I fell in love. Nemisis was pretty meh as well, but that space battle was one of the best. I can't wait.
The Somraw, K'tinga, D'Kyr, D7, Kumari, and T'Varo are all older than the Constitution Refit and yet they are tier 5. The rule needs to change.
Rihannsu
# 43
03-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, I love seeing Romulan ships when they're not getting blown up by the good guys.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 44
03-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgcrusher View Post
A new Klingon Tutorial and Dominion Lock Boxes I think.
Rihannsu
# 45
03-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
A new Klingon Tutorial and Dominion Lock Boxes I think.
Uh, we already have one of those 2. :p
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 46
03-14-2013, 09:02 PM
The Scimitar is a big ship, maybe too big, even if they are adding Romulans I would seriously doubt they would offer the flagship of the Romulan fleet right off the bat.
It's way too early to say, the teasers could mean Romulans or it could mean a continuation of the Iconian/Romulan story line. It would probably be a good idea for people to no let their expectations get too carried away.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgcrusher View Post
Crushed hopes and shattered dreams.
Rihannsu
# 48
03-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
The Scimitar is a big ship, maybe too big, even if they are adding Romulans I would seriously doubt they would offer the flagship of the Romulan fleet right off the bat.
It's way too early to say, the teasers could mean Romulans or it could mean a continuation of the Iconian/Romulan story line. It would probably be a good idea for people to no let their expectations get too carried away.
It'd be a BIG draw for the Z-Store though. Lots of people would want one.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Survivor of Romulus
# 49
03-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yes, I love seeing Romulan ships when they're not getting blown up by the good guys.
Don't get your hopes up, they're just end up being blown up by the bad...uhm...red guys!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Commander
# 50
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
A Romulan Faction is entirely possible.

Why? Because cryptic does only need to provide:

Commander level and up in ships (i assume the Romulans would start at commander level, as any dirty no fed has to.).

Designing a romulan ship is not that difficult: birds. And they had certainly enough time since ever to do this on the side. + they can do sci/tac/engi/hybrid variants of everything so the player has loads of choice gameplay wise)

The missions arc is already covered by the FE and the usual dailys. Add in adapted variants of the current adventure zones (like, you attacking the vault instead of protecting it from tholians) since re-purposing assets is a well practiced routine for cryptic.

Then to top it of: revamp the reward system for foundry missions so romulans can level of that. Done.

You know? stuff that modders usually do. and better. and faster. and for the kudos alone.