Empire Veteran
Greetings All,

With all the untradeable Bridge Officers that we now have I think it?s time that we find a way to train skills outside of our Captains class to our Bridge Officers without needing to trade them.

I've got a few suggestions to make training smoother that might be feasible.

1st. Simply allow players to create tradable consumable skill data pads.

Example: I use my Science officer to create a data pad that contains the skill Gravity Well 3 and give it to another player to train their Science Officer.

The other player uses the Data Pad and would get a pop up of a Photonic Science Officer that says ?Please State the Nature of the Training required ?and then the player would be able to select the skill Gravity Well 3 and then chose the officer that they want to learn the skill.

The skill would then be trained and the data pad consumed.

2nd. Allow players to train Bridge Officers on the Bridge of our Star Ships.

Example: I as a Science Captain invite a Tactical Captain to the Bridge of my Ship, once on my ship the Tactical Captain can interact with my Tactical Bridge Officer and train them in tactical skills.

The training from the Bridge option would be very cool but not has practical has the data pad option.

Going with the data pad option helps stimulate trade and will create opportunities for players to make a bit of EC by selling their skill data pads on the Exchange.

Thanks for your time
Career Officer
# 2
05-24-2013, 09:41 AM
Yep. Not really fussed which one is implemented, but I wholeheartedly support this idea.

/Signed
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Career Officer
# 3
05-24-2013, 09:46 AM
A PADD approach would be neat, and would have the added benefit of being able to make it easier to search the Exchange for specific skills [and it could/should in theory be cross-faction].
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-24-2013, 09:48 AM
A dirty fix would be to put the skills on the NPC vendor, until such a time that a proper BOFF system could be implemented (Ground Kits, companion system (SWTOR/NW), away missions DOFF style for daily missions ect).
Rihannsu
# 5
05-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Excellent idea! I mean really spot on. Cryptic look into this immediately.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Today is the oldest you have ever been and the youngest you will ever be"
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 6
05-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Greetings All,

With all the untradeable Bridge Officers that we now have I think it?s time that we find a way to train skills outside of our Captains class to our Bridge Officers without needing to trade them.

I've got a few suggestions to make training smoother that might be feasible.

1st. Simply allow players to create tradable consumable skill data pads.

Example: I use my Science officer to create a data pad that contains the skill Gravity Well 3 and give it to another player to train their Science Officer.

The other player uses the Data Pad and would get a pop up of a Photonic Science Officer that says ?Please State the Nature of the Training required ?and then the player would be able to select the skill Gravity Well 3 and then chose the officer that they want to learn the skill.

The skill would then be trained and the data pad consumed.

2nd. Allow players to train Bridge Officers on the Bridge of our Star Ships.

Example: I as a Science Captain invite a Tactical Captain to the Bridge of my Ship, once on my ship the Tactical Captain can interact with my Tactical Bridge Officer and train them in tactical skills.

The training from the Bridge option would be very cool but not has practical has the data pad option.

Going with the data pad option helps stimulate trade and will create opportunities for players to make a bit of EC by selling their skill data pads on the Exchange.

Thanks for your time
I fully support this. My preference is the data pads as it is more flexible and not all BOFFs show up on the bridge anyway (if you have enough BOFFs that is).
Career Officer
# 7
05-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
A dirty fix would be to put the skills on the NPC vendor, until such a time that a proper BOFF system could be implemented (Ground Kits, companion system (SWTOR/NW), away missions DOFF style for daily missions ect).
This would be better than the current system.
Captain
# 8
05-24-2013, 01:14 PM
You can also simply allow people to trade "used" BOFF with mail system and exchange. And bank.
And ofc, improve the exchange so we can filter by traits/race/skills.
Rihannsu
# 9
05-24-2013, 01:33 PM
The PADD approach is probably the best and most viably useful idea to me.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
05-24-2013, 01:39 PM
i would love this......if they dont do either of these they then NEED Documentation on HOW to do player trained Boffs......

I've been playing for a year and Didnt know how until i asked at NRC last night while looking for an eng to train my eng boff in EPtE3 (which i still am lol)...as my toon is a romulan kdf sci

make me wish i could mail my boff(s) to my other alts and have them train the boff(s) then mail it back...

it maybe possible to do so, as i made my client crash last night when i accidently dragged my Borg reman tac boff to the mail slot...not that i noticed it did anything as it crashed instantly hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p