Career Officer
We just got a new Liberated Borg BOFF in the Lobi Store.
And while it's nice to get a fully customizable Borg Sci, we already have a Borg Sci, courtesy of Khitomer Accords.

Shouldn't there be a Liberated Borg Tactical Officer, to complete the set, so to speak?

We have an Engineer and two Science officers, but the third profession has been neglected.

And no, the Reman Liberated Borg does not count, since he's only available to Romulan characters.

I mean a true universal Borg Tac, one that can be claimed by both Starfleet and KDF aligned characters.
Captain
# 2
05-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilarta View Post
And while it's nice to get a fully customizable Borg Sci, we already have a Borg Sci, courtesy of Khitomer Accords.

Shouldn't there be a Liberated Borg Tactical Officer, to complete the set, so to speak?

We have an Engineer and two Science officers, but the third profession has been neglected.

And no, the Reman Liberated Borg does not count, since he's only available to Romulan characters.

I mean a true universal Borg Tac, one that can be claimed by both Starfleet and KDF aligned characters.
Borg Tacs are unliberatable. They'd rather be destroyed, and reassimilated, than liberated. Only one way to deal with 'em, 2 to the stem, right?
Career Officer
# 3
05-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:

When I bought my Liberated borg BOFF from the Zen-Store I received a voucher good for my pick of Tac, Science and Engineering. I guess if you want all three you need to buy three vouchers, also they seem to be all femail.
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-23-2013, 08:10 PM
The SCI Borg you get from KA does not come with efficient, so now I can have a whole efficient Borg set for my Romulant....The Reman Borg TAC, FED/KDF ENG, and SCI Borg from lobi now.
Career Officer
# 5
05-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otisnoble View Post
When I bought my Liberated borg BOFF from the Zen-Store I received a voucher good for my pick of Tac, Science and Engineering. I guess if you want all three you need to buy three vouchers, also they seem to be all female.
I am looking at the C-Store BOFF menu right now.

Nowhere does it mention Liberated BORG tacs.

It says Aenar and Caitian, that is all there is to choose from.

Last edited by tilarta; 05-23-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
05-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
And while it's nice to get a fully customizable Borg Sci, we already have a Borg Sci, courtesy of Khitomer Accords....
But for a low level Romulan character, a Liberated Science BO would be much more useful...

You could have...
  • a Liberated Reman Tactical BO from the Legacy/Starter Pack
  • a Liberated Romulan Science BO from the Lobi Store
  • a Liberated Human/Klingon Enginner BO from your allied faction
Which means a new Romulan character doesn't have to wait until VA Level 50 for a Borg Science BO. You can purchase one and start using it after reaching Level 10

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 05-24-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
05-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Since I don't have a Romulan Faction character, I'm not interested in what is or is not good for them.

As far as I'm concerned, only BOFFs that can be used by Starfleet or KDF characters matter.
Career Officer
# 8
05-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Quote:
I am looking at the C-Store BOFF menu right now.

Nowhere does it mention Liberated BORG tacs.

It says Aenar and Caitian, that is all there is to choose from.
Go to the Zen store, click personnel, see borg bridge officer, buy borg bridge officer, go to personnel officer, zen store items (C store) and your borg boff will be listed in either TAC, SCI, ENG.
Career Officer
# 9
05-24-2013, 05:54 AM
Okay, that just doesn't make sense!

I don't have the requisition form for the Aenar or the Caitians, yet I can see them clearly.

I did see a warning on the C-store item that said "you can only have one Borg Bridge officer at a time".

Maybe because I already have one, it's locked out me getting another one.
I know the Android Veteran BOFF works like that, you can have any class or gender you want, but you are only getting one!

And I don't think it's a good idea to throw money into C-store unless I'm absolutely certain I can get what I am after.
Career Officer
# 10
05-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Okay, that just doesn't make sense!

I don't have the requisition form for the Aenar or the Caitians, yet I can see them clearly.

I did see a warning on the C-store item that said "you can only have one Borg Bridge officer at a time".

Maybe because I already have one, it's locked out me getting another one.
I know the Android Veteran BOFF works like that, you can have any class or gender you want, but you are only getting one!

And I don't think it's a good idea to throw money into C-store unless I'm absolutely certain I can get what I am after.
This is correct... You can only have one Human/Klingon Borg BO from Pre-Order/C-Store (both count for the same thing.) If it was possible, you would have seen all Borg Away teams long ago, since the C-Store Version can be traded or sold..