Empire Veteran
# 1 bug or what? please help...
03-18-2013, 02:00 AM
When I play pvp often my ship suffer from 2 strange effect.

1) sometime when I target a player, my camersa start shaking fast left and right... It really fast and disturbing. This effect only end if I destroy the target or change it.

2) often my ship stop turning for several seconds... it simply goes straight. It's different from the bug we can have after respawing... pressing esc do not solve it.

Bugs or what?
Captain
# 2
03-18-2013, 03:37 AM
As far as 1) goes, yes. That happens to me every so often as well.

Just take manual control of your camera for a second (default command is Right Click + Drag) and it should fix itself after you've moved it.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Captain
# 3
03-18-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post

1) sometime when I target a player, my camersa start shaking fast left and right... It really fast and disturbing. This effect only end if I destroy the target or change it.

2) often my ship stop turning for several seconds... it simply goes straight. It's different from the bug we can have after respawing... pressing esc do not solve it.

Bugs or what?
Yes, what Praxis said about 1) is right. His fix will do the trick. I don't know about 2).

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 4
03-18-2013, 05:21 AM
Quote:

Bugs or what?
1), see abve Posts

2) sounds like Gravitic Anchor, a power you gain from equipping the full Omega Space Set.
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-18-2013, 06:45 AM
It's also possible you could've been tractor beamed, maybe hit with chroniton torps/mines, or possibly something else.

Lieutenant
# 6
03-18-2013, 06:50 AM
While players tractoring someone may be the cause, I have often found a weird bug most common in stfs but occurs sometimes in pvp where you gravitate toward your target and are unable to turn, unselecting it will regain control of your ship. Often happens right after death but sometimes it happens without actually dying.
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Empire Veteran
# 7
03-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Thanks for answering...

the strange about 1) is that it happens only in pvp... never in pve.

about point 2) I do not think it's a graviton anchor or a (invisible?) TB because APO should let me turning and escaping... Next time I will pay more attention. However also 2) happens only in pvp.
Career Officer
# 8
03-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:

Bugs or what?
Quote:
Thanks for answering...

the strange about 1) is that it happens only in pvp... never in pve.

about point 2) I do not think it's a graviton anchor or a (invisible?) TB because APO should let me turning and escaping... Next time I will pay more attention. However also 2) happens only in pvp.

Grav Anchor & tractor beams have a very visible effect.

What you are describing sounds more like Grav pulse.

Next time it happens to you, scan your buff/debuff bar for an orange debuff icon that looks like a triangle.

Here's the STO wiki page on Graviton Pulse generator

Captain
# 9
03-20-2013, 05:39 AM
#1 happened to me for the first time today. I almost puked - going to take some Excedrin and see if I can recreate it. Doubtful, since it's never happened to me before - hadn't happened since this thread started until just now either.

It wasn't the close shot where the camera didn't know what to do - it continued even with distance between the target and myself. Camera just totally spazzed out...meh.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Commander
# 10
03-20-2013, 06:02 AM
2) I thought its ESC solvable, but if it isn't, I don't see what it can be. Never happened to me.
That's what's so great about HoBOs. We are not just 5 or 6 competent players, we are a fleet full of badass mother****ers that will PUNISH THE FEDs until their index fingers are worn to the bone from clicking the respawn button over and over! Q'pla!

Last edited by ivantomdisplay; 03-20-2013 at 06:07 AM.