Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
S'okay, I mentioned it back on Tribble. I mentioned it on Holodeck. I've brought it up in more than a few threads. TS E-Bios do x3, x5, and x7 rather than x2, x3, and x4. No Cryptic comment/reply...let's move on then, eh? Not bugged, right? Supposed to be x3, x5, and x7? Good? K...

So moving on, cause the fun doesn't end there...the following has been suggested to be a result of Cryptic addressing arc cutting in a stealth patch. Not by Cryptic, mind you, but rather another player.

For those that may not know what I mean by arc cutting, likely because they call it something else, it is basically starting an attack/cycle while in the arc and having it continue once you're out of the arc. You basically cut the arc but the attack continues. Whether it's somebody firing DHCs outside of 45 degrees, somebody shuffling to get Arrays outside of 70 degrees for a better than expected broadside, or the like (my favorite was having an aft firing Hyper-Plasma Torp appear to be firing as if it were fore mounted - even the first torp of the three would look like it was fore mounted instead of aft)...basically having an attack continue in an arc that it shouldn't be able to do - because it's out of arc.

So there you are, ready to unload those seven torpedoes...only you turn too quickly at the time of firing them. Now there's only 1-3 torps that have fired. At least the visual matches, eh? You'll know right off the back that you've fired less than the seven torpedoes you expected.

Which is better than the next item which has me totally perplexed. I've noticed this here and there, figured it might have just been something here or there - nothing I could ever reproduce, it would just happen - but after seeing it a few more times today...I decided to go ahead and make this post.

Say you have three Probes sitting there in front of you. You unload that TS3 of x7 torps at each of them - your screen fills with those beautiful torps - you watch the awesome explosions caused by the impact of 21 torps hitting their targets...

...and notice that zero damage was done. You check the log - and - there's nothing there. You watched the torps fly across the screen - you watched the torps impact the targets - you watched all the nifty explosions from the torps...but nothing actually happened.

Well, that's not true. The torp goes into CD. The TS3 is consumed. And you saw them fly across the screen and hit the target. Yet, no damage was actually done - not a case that they hit and did zero damage - according to the log they never hit.

Yep, just before deciding to type this post out with a few of the things that have been floating around; it happened again and I decided enough was enough. I fired off a lazy TS3 at a single Probe. Was just wobbling around, it was there, I was bored - watched them fly across the screen, watched them hit, watched them explode - doing no damage. Just happened that somebody else was coming into attack the same Probe and so I was able to check with them...was I hallucinating - had I lost my mind? Nope, they saw the torps too. But there was no damage from them.

Speaking of damage and the like, is there something off with the CrtH on the TS E-Bio? I should have a CrtH of 36.6% with them. Is it just bad luck on my part that they so rarely Crit? I fired off 21 torps and 1 crit. I've fired off 35 with only 2-3 that crit. Sure, it's entirely possible...but is it probable? Can routinely fire off TS3's of Disrupting Photons (which will have a 2% less chance to crit) and see all sorts of wonder crits. Can even fire of HY2's of Disruptings and see all sorts of crits...in situations where the torps can actually miss, not a case of working in the Acc Overflow on the 51.2% total Bonus Accuracy on them.

Is it just bad luck...I could accept that (lol, if you've ever seen me complain about having a 99.9% chance of getting 4 Lobi and an 80k DOFF pack from a Lock Box, you'd understand my luck)...or is there actually something else going on here? What are other folks seeing with their E-Bio spreads and crits?

Oh well, off to try to confirm whether or not DOFF'd AtD persists after a SNB shows the buff being removed...

edit: You know what...at this point, I don't think I will continue checking that. I just don't care anymore...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Commander
# 2
05-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Speaking of damage and the like, is there something off with the CrtH on the TS E-Bio? I should have a CrtH of 36.6% with them. Is it just bad luck on my part that they so rarely Crit? I fired off 21 torps and 1 crit. I've fired off 35 with only 2-3 that crit. Sure, it's entirely possible...but is it probable? Can routinely fire off TS3's of Disrupting Photons (which will have a 2% less chance to crit) and see all sorts of wonder crits. Can even fire of HY2's of Disruptings and see all sorts of crits...in situations where the torps can actually miss, not a case of working in the Acc Overflow on the 51.2% total Bonus Accuracy on them.

Is it just bad luck...I could accept that (lol, if you've ever seen me complain about having a 99.9% chance of getting 4 Lobi and an 80k DOFF pack from a Lock Box, you'd understand my luck)...or is there actually something else going on here? What are other folks seeing with their E-Bio spreads and crits?
Regarding your CrtH question:

Test duration ~ 1h10m

Base CrtH = 19.3 %

White Beams as control value

Both normal and enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo = +2% CrtH

non-moving target

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140529/ft94o5hl.png

TS1/TS2 Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon CrtH seems to be normal

TS1/TS2 Normal Bio-Molecular Photon CrtH deviation might be explained by low sample size, bigger sample size test might clear it up

The Radiation DoT CrtH is off.

Hope it helped.

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!

Last edited by ilhansk; 05-29-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-29-2014, 11:03 AM
i always run the voth 3 part wile running the bio torp, and it crits more often then it doesn't for me.

spread 3 bio fires 14 torpedoes per target, in pve at least. i can confirm that in pve, but it might be only fireing 10 in pvp. harder to get a clear look at the log in a 5v5. the 'heavy' torp created with HY is also great, it cant be targeted, and it doesnt splash the user. its currently the only heavy torp worth using.

the spread multiplier and HY behavior needs to propagate to all other torps, if this behavior is a bug it needs NOT to be corrected. it has caused torpedoes to be an actual good weapon for the first time in the game's entire history. a star trek game is correct when your build is best when you have both energy weapon and torps equipped.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus