Captain
# 11
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
At Lieutenant levels, I like a lot more maneuverable at times, so I will edit the Balanced power scheme to put Weapons to 75, Shields to 50, Engines to 50, and Aux at 25. And then use Offense power scheme when I need damage to burn through the shields of a Cruiser or Battleship.

Note: To edit power scheme, click on the tiled windows icon on the power monitor. That will bring up a menu of 1, 2, 3. These are display mode, 1 == number (default), 2 == a graphic mode, 3 == graphic mode and edit mode. Click on 3.

The power bars will have a knob which you can use to set the power level of that subsystem. This will,l in turn, move the knobs on the subsystems (you'll always have a total of 200 power units). There are padlock icons on the top of the power bars. Clicking the icon will toggle a lock/unlock the power bar below to moving when you adjust power settings. You need to have at least two powers bars unlocked to adjust power.

There are two other icons below the power scheme icons on top. An icon with a an arrowed line in a circle and a classic "save" icon. Those two icons will reset power levels to default for current scheme and save current power levels for the scheme respecticaly.
Commander
# 12
03-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Wow!
Where are you folks in game?
I was not expecting an all friendly, all useful, response like this. I was expecting a whole lot of angry "We don't need your whiny posterior crying all over our forums..." replies, like they do in game. I've stopped asking questions in game as I find the player base to be about 90% douche, and 10% helpful (or at least not unpleasant).

Thank you all for the advice, I'll certainly look into your suggestions. I have been training up my BOFFs, I tend to focus on Space over Ground trianing, but I do also try to not totally neglect the Ground training. So far, I do fairly decently on Ground missions, which, I can't say I enjoy as much as space battles.

I'm about to log in again and continue on with the attempt at mining.

Thanks again everyone!
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
03-14-2013, 04:15 PM
OMG ur LT9? LMFAO NOOB You bloody NOOB. Only NOOBS are LT rank HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Well no one else was doing it so I felt I had to. If you want some help in game, just catch me at my handle @steveangelis and I can show you a few tricks.
Captain
# 14
03-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
Wow!
Where are you folks in game?
I was not expecting an all friendly, all useful, response like this. I was expecting a whole lot of angry "We don't need your whiny posterior crying all over our forums..." replies, like they do in game. I've stopped asking questions in game as I find the player base to be about 90% douche, and 10% helpful (or at least not unpleasant).
A lot of the good players have more-or-less abandoned the Zone chat because of how many jerks float about in it... and even the helpful ones get tired of answering things like "how do I get my next ship?" every fifteen minutes.
Quote:
Thank you all for the advice, I'll certainly look into your suggestions. I have been training up my BOFFs, I tend to focus on Space over Ground trianing, but I do also try to not totally neglect the Ground training. So far, I do fairly decently on Ground missions, which, I can't say I enjoy as much as space battles.
This is a normal experience.
Commander
# 15
03-14-2013, 04:49 PM
Okay, mining is out.
I don't have 1.7+ million EC to buy a Master Key to open Dominion Lock Boxes. I don't even know if Master Keys are eternal, or if they expire after 'x' number of boxes unlocked, which I figure must be the case or why would they be 1.7+ million? What a great experience using up most of my free time just for the sake of learning that I can't mine as the requirements are far beyond my reach.

Guess it's time to go learn what other things I can't do with a Light Cruiser starter ship.
Captain
# 16
03-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Okay, mining is out.
I don't have 1.7+ million EC to buy a Master Key to open Dominion Lock Boxes. I don't even know if Master Keys are eternal, or if they expire after 'x' number of boxes unlocked, which I figure must be the case or why would they be 1.7+ million? What a great experience using up most of my free time just for the sake of learning that I can't mine as the requirements are far beyond my reach.

Guess it's time to go learn what other things I can't do with a Light Cruiser starter ship.
Send me an e-mail in game to @fuzun. And I'll hook you up with an Environmental Suit.
Commander
# 17
03-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks Lordfuzun, but I did manage to get an Environmental Suit from the Exchange.
Lieutenant
# 18
03-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Okay, mining is out.

You don't need a key to mine.

Talk to the female ferg and select Asteroid Mining.

Only the box dropped mining claim is the special mining.

Quote:
Thanks Lordfuzun, but I did manage to get an Environmental Suit from the Exchange.
Which was a mistake since as I said before, you can easily get 100 dilithium to buy the pre-owned one on the mining station. You get 5 -100s of dilithium just doing doff assignments.
Commander
# 19
03-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah, but I get EC so much faster and easier then Dilithium, I figured it was better to part with EC for the suit then to part from refined dilithium as that is so much harder to come by.
Commander
# 20
03-14-2013, 05:17 PM
It was the female Ferengi that told me that mining claims come from lock boxes in the first place. I clicked on every chat option with her and if I got a mining claim, it is not obvious. I can't see anything that suggests I might already have a mining claim. How do I tell if I got one?