Captain
# 11
03-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
I haven't seen an invisible Brel yet. Are they only invisible if your sensor skill is low? Or doesn't it matter?
not sure bout the rom boff effect but seeing a ship with high stealth requires you to have high sensors and often a decent aux level to see. past a few km.
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
03-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Hey devs if I change my ship name to USS dark shadow instead of IKS dark shadow maybe then you'll fix it??
That's good!
These damned Brels are making we Feds getting nervous...
After a fierce battle against the evuls a Fed Captain needs some relax!
Captain
# 13
03-14-2013, 05:05 PM
You can do 9 Sensors, run 4x Mk XII Sensor consoles, 125 Aux, use a Stealth detection deflector, pop an Aux batt, hit Sensor Scan...you'll see the Hegh'ta, Fleet Norgh, Fleet Hoh'SuS, and any raptors/battle cruisers that are cloaked - the ships watching the B'Rel fly at will - the B'Rel you'll never see.

I think Mini said in the original thread that a guy in a Neb with the console(s) could see one sitting next to it? Would have to go look.

Think some folks thought it was going to be fixed today, so they were trying to "enjoy" it in the days leading up to the patch - cause I've seen more folks flying them in Ker'rat. Some just on the KDF side and some glitching to hunt KDF. Found it futile to try to hunt them with my Fed Sci, whether Fed or KDF side. However, it's been kind of fun hunting them with my no-Tac Sci Hegh'ta.

C'mon, we know who the juicy targets are - we've uh - targeted them ourselves. Won't see the torps, won't see the mines, won't see the tractors, SNBs, won't see any attack - but you know they'll usually be within a certain range as the target takes damage...CPB and hope for the best. If not, SFM - EM - Scattering - Photonic - etc, etc, etc while making a run for it...cause you won't see them or anything they've got coming for you.
Captain
# 14
03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
You can do 9 Sensors, run 4x Mk XII Sensor consoles, 125 Aux, use a Stealth detection deflector, pop an Aux batt, hit Sensor Scan...you'll see the Hegh'ta, Fleet Norgh, Fleet Hoh'SuS, and any raptors/battle cruisers that are cloaked - the ships watching the B'Rel fly at will - the B'Rel you'll never see.

I think Mini said in the original thread that a guy in a Neb with the console(s) could see one sitting next to it? Would have to go look.

Think some folks thought it was going to be fixed today, so they were trying to "enjoy" it in the days leading up to the patch - cause I've seen more folks flying them in Ker'rat. Some just on the KDF side and some glitching to hunt KDF. Found it futile to try to hunt them with my Fed Sci, whether Fed or KDF side. However, it's been kind of fun hunting them with my no-Tac Sci Hegh'ta.

C'mon, we know who the juicy targets are - we've uh - targeted them ourselves. Won't see the torps, won't see the mines, won't see the tractors, SNBs, won't see any attack - but you know they'll usually be within a certain range as the target takes damage...CPB and hope for the best. If not, SFM - EM - Scattering - Photonic - etc, etc, etc while making a run for it...cause you won't see them or anything they've got coming for you.
Hit their targetable stuff with gravity well. My fleetmates figured it out and kept decloaking me. Of course, I'd just hit evasive maneuvers and jam sensor the closest one following me and usually get away.
Captain
# 15
03-14-2013, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Hit their targetable stuff with gravity well. My fleetmates figured it out and kept decloaking me. Of course, I'd just hit evasive maneuvers and jam sensor the closest one following me and usually get away.
Targetable stuff doesn't always show. Sometimes there's just the explosions, damage, debuffs, etc appearing on the target.
Captain
# 16
03-14-2013, 06:29 PM
The thing is I wouldn't mind running some of these rommie Boffs for the defence boost and stuff but can't because then my ship is another damn bug

and cryptic wonders why more and more people are only using dilit and not buying Zen(from the people I've met and spoke to)

I personally used to spend ?20 a month on average on new toys but now due to the lack of kdf content and ever increasing bug find list I won't spend a penny

I know that's a drop in the ocean for you lot but just fix the godforsaken bug already
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
# 17
03-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I know that's a drop in the ocean for you lot but just fix the godforsaken bug already
We're not allowed to call for bug fixes any more - the PvE folks need their stuffs!
Captain
# 18
03-14-2013, 10:10 PM
You can see the effects (before te fix) of what an invisible Brel attacking you is like. Just check my movie thread and look at our duel.

All his attacks were cloaked during his runs and the only giveaway was his power activation and me using cpb. My sensor scan did nothing, you can see at one point where after I scan he has to literally bump into me for me to see him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 19
03-15-2013, 03:52 AM
::
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
You can see the effects (before te fix) of what an invisible Brel attacking you is like. Just check my movie thread and look at our duel.

All his attacks were cloaked during his runs and the only giveaway was his power activation and me using cpb. My sensor scan did nothing, you can see at one point where after I scan he has to literally bump into me for me to see him.
Sensor scan doesn't work on a none bugged Brel

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
We're not allowed to call for bug fixes any more - the PvE folks need their stuffs!
Oh yeh forgot lolol those Borg artificial intelligence are just so insanely hard to take down their scripts just make you neeeed a bigger brain and a cheat button
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----

Last edited by mustafatennick; 03-15-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Lieutenant
# 20
03-15-2013, 04:03 AM
Really annoying bug. Was stalked by one of these ghosts in Kerrat, trying to transphase me to death. He didn't do much damage, but it was annoying as hell. There is nothing you can do, just sit and watch torps spamming out of nowhere.