Former PWE Community Team Lead
In the latest issue of Star Trek: The Official Magazine, STO is spotlighted! Head to your local magazine retailer, or purchase the electronic version, to check out the nine-page spread which features an original piece of Trek fiction, a discussion of canon in STO, and more.

Link to the issue info page.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
03-28-2013, 12:04 PM
When will the players of STO who don't have access to the magazine get to read all the STO stories being written in it?
Lieutenant
# 3
03-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
When will the players of STO who don't have access to the magazine get to read all the STO stories being written in it?
Are you seriously asking for a paid subscription service to be offered for free to players of a Free to Play game run by an entirely different company?

Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2013, 12:31 PM
I can vouch that the subscription is actually worth it! I've always enjoyed the articles in Star Trek Magazine, both those that relate to STO and the ones about Trek in general. It's one of the few instances of me being willing to pay for a magazine.
Career Officer
# 5
03-28-2013, 12:43 PM
I don't need to read a magazine article to remind me of how biased media opinions are on this game. I bet there isn't a single mention of the crapload of bugs that still linger from 3+ years ago on top of the many introduced since the games launch.
Captain
# 6
03-28-2013, 01:24 PM
as I said for the last issue of the mag they have to put something in it or it would be empty
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
03-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
Are you seriously asking for a paid subscription service to be offered for free to players of a Free to Play game run by an entirely different company?

I'd only say the stories should be available for STO players if they are as canon as a pre-JJ Trek film rather than a novel set in the universe. If it concludes a story arc, as I've read on here it did for the Undine, and is canon, then players deserve that conclusion. If it's just someones interpretation then it doesn't matter as long as Cryptic plan on finishing the story themselves.
Captain
# 8
03-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post

Yep! I haven't seen the magazine anywhere in my area, and I'm not willing to pay the large amounts of money they're charging at the website. And these stories directly relate to us at STO, so we should have some way to read them without buying the whole magazine.

I did by The Needs of the Many, so it's not like I'm averse to paying for 3rd party stories, assuming they're worth the cost.

Perhaps collecting the STO stories and releasing them for a few bucks would be something the powers that be might consider?
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-28-2013, 02:38 PM
I'll have to have a look around for this hopefully they sell it some where round here.
Original Forum Info
Name: Peewee28
Republic Veteran
# 10
03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
Seriously -_-
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||