Captain
As we move into the big update for May - really bring in the new Romulan faction - or more of the ground work for the faction later this year - I suspect this is the last chance for the Jem Bug to go on sale.

It's this time and it's gone i think.

So If your going to get one - now is the last time. I going to get one and hold on to it - unpacked.
Career Officer
# 2
03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Nah. I think the Bug Ship's going to return every time they get ready to retire a DOFF pack. They did it with the Gamma Quadrant DOFF Pack, they did it with the last one, and I think this makes three for three now doesn't it?

So yeah, I figure they'll pull it out every-time a DOFF pack finishes its run, even if they do eventually end up cycling through old DOFF packs from time to time.
Captain
# 3
03-14-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
Nah. I think the Bug Ship's going to return every time they get ready to retire a DOFF pack. They did it with the Gamma Quadrant DOFF Pack, they did it with the last one, and I think this makes three for three now doesn't it?

So yeah, I figure they'll pull it out every-time a DOFF pack finishes its run, even if they do eventually end up cycling through old DOFF packs from time to time.
I think this one was done just because of all the people who bought the Jem Carriers and want the Jem Bug pets. The last one retired was the Gamma I believe.

This one is a special case I think. It makes sense as it will make them tons and tons of money with all the Jem carriers out there.

After this I don't think it will happen again - and if it does - not this year at least.
Career Officer
# 4
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
I have a feeling you're wrong.

They'll keep bringing it back as long as people keep buying it. And once that point is reached, they'll just throw it up on the C-Store/Lobi store to wring a few more sales out of it.
Captain
# 5
03-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I think this one was done - just because of all the people who bought the Jem Carriers and want the Jem Bug pets.

This one is a special case I think. It makes sense as it will make them tons and tons of money with all the Jem carriers out there.

After this I don't think it will happen again - and if it does - not this year at least.
Uh.... you honestly think that Cryptic isn't going to bring back the most powerful ship in the whole game? Are you serious?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 6
03-14-2013, 03:07 PM
The Bug Ship is their blank cheque when they need a bit of cash. It's not going away.
----
Captain
# 7
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Uh.... you honestly think that Cryptic isn't going to bring back the most powerful ship in the whole game? Are you serious?
You could be right but with all the things coming up later this year - i think this is definitly the last time until 2014
Republic Veteran
Captain
# 9
03-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Rolling out the gimmick ships once a year would be fine with me. You're always going to have enough player turnover to make that worthwhile. More than likely they do it twice a year though.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Rihannsu
# 10
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post

This^ people want them, and are willing to spend a lot to get them. They might rotate them in less often in the future, but they'll still do it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.