Career Officer
# 21
03-15-2013, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inosaska View Post
It's really obvious that this event is being done to pay off people that worked on the Romulan Faction over these couple of years. I could care less I had dilithium bought zen had enough 4 packs got 1 purple item to sell for some nice money and that's it didn't pay a dime.

EDIT: Btw it was not the bug ship it was ship equipment that I don't remember exactly what it was though but hope it sold by now.
This event happened before and will happen again ... I guess if someone is gonna fart within the next week, it's because of Romulans as well ... "It smells bad in here ... thats obviously evidence of all that pressure caused by upcoming Romulans"

Last edited by thutmosis85; 03-15-2013 at 06:02 AM.
Captain
# 22
03-15-2013, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inosaska View Post
It's really obvious that this event is being done to pay off people that worked on the Romulan Faction over these couple of years.
Um... no, it's not obvious at all.
Lieutenant
# 23
03-15-2013, 03:16 AM
I was right on the teaser for Diablo 3 and I bet I will be right again because these pictures they keep releasing smell a lot like Romulan Faction to me.
Rihannsu
# 24
03-15-2013, 03:23 AM
I dont think they will ever get rid of any of these ships. not everyone plays the game from the start. you always have new players who come in and i think they will want them to have a chance to get them, as well as older players who missed out.

i see no logical reason for them to retire these ships unless they stop making money, which does not seem to be the case.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
03-15-2013, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
._.

o_o

O_O

...Seriously?
Plus, he only did it to get the bug ship for the bug pets to go with his Dreadnought

Yes, REALLY.....

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Sci Vulcan (Maelrock) Tac Andorian (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
03-15-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I dont think they will ever get rid of any of these ships. not everyone plays the game from the start. you always have new victims who come in and i think they will want them to have a chance to get them, as well as older victims who missed out.

i see no logical reason for them to retire these ships unless they stop making money, which does not seem to be the case.
Fixed that for you

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Sci Vulcan (Maelrock) Tac Andorian (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Career Officer
# 27
03-15-2013, 08:58 AM
What I have learned from lock boxes:

1) If I am determined to have a particular lock box ship, the best route to go is to sell keys on the exchange, and buy the ship from the proceeds. That way you know exactly what it will cost, and whether or not you're willing to pay that amount. This of course relies on a goodly number of people not doing this, so the ships will be on the exchange.

2) Open lock boxes only if you are willing to accept the guaranteed content as a fair return on the cost of the key.

3) You might get lucky, but you probably won't.
Career Officer
# 28
03-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Hope it's not the last time - am always quite amused when another oportunity to obtain a popular ship via DOFF pack (or whatever) - takes the emphasis off the obscene-priced exchange sale ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 29
03-15-2013, 09:15 AM
If it's profitable, they won't stop doing it. Period. So, fear not! You will always have new chances to gamble ridiculous sums of money on a comically overpowered minor ship of a minor enemy species. o/
Captain
# 30
03-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Hope it's not the last time - am always quite amused when another oportunity to obtain a popular ship via DOFF pack (or whatever) - takes the emphasis off the obscene-priced exchange sale ones.
What you find $300 US dollars for a virtual item which you don't own and is limited to one character - "obscence"

Obviously most other players live in a different world judging by the success of the ship/pack/promo