Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Captain
I have what I think is a fairly simple and modest request for someone at Cryptic who knows how to texture a floor with a seamless texture. I wanted to illustrate it, so I posted it at Starbase UGC.

Could someone on the art team please check it out? I'm not asking for you to directly add something to the Foundry, but to simply texture some "primitives" with textures that are already in your library. Then, perhaps Zero could add them into the Foundry.

Thank you for your time,

Here is the illustrated request.

Last edited by kirksplat; 03-16-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-14-2013, 07:30 PM
I approve of this request.

I can think of a million ways to expand on this, but for now and with the limited dev time available (what with the May update and all) this is reasonable.

@greendragoon
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I approve of this request.

I can think of a million ways to expand on this, but for now and with the limited dev time available (what with the May update and all) this is reasonable.
I agree. Just a couple of these small additions would bring a world of new options.

by @Skydawn - member of Starbase UGC
Captain
# 4
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM
I would like this a lot.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2013, 12:45 AM
It would be very nice to have those textures available as new ceilings & floors.

They would definitely add a lot to the believability of the sets we can build, hence add more immersion to them.

PS: I love to walk on carpets!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
03-15-2013, 08:31 AM
This is an absolute must for us to be able to build convincing interiors.

Seems to me like it would be as simple as making a copy of the platform pieces we have now and applying a new texture to them.

The starbase maps, the interior maps and the Captains Table all have great floor textures that could be used.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 7
03-15-2013, 09:03 AM
I'm with the dead green lady on this one. We dont even have all the textures that are on the foundation block pieces for our building block assets.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 8
03-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom2375 View Post

PS: I love to walk on carpets!
Yeah then I can build that epic mission where your toon shuffles his feet in a custom interior and gives someone a little shock.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 03-15-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Captain
# 9
03-15-2013, 10:26 AM
I agree with the OP's post, especially with the ceiling light parts. I really need those instead of a blank, paneled ceiling.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Let's get this party started!