Lieutenant
I see a lot of people defending Cryptic's position on inventing continuously more OP ships that inbalance the game because they HAVE TO. This is totally not true, they could promote things like a Voyager interior set, or more bridges, more stuff that doesn't have an impact on game balance. THAT is a correct F2P model.

Oh yeah, notice that they nerf the Andorian ship JUST BEFORE they re-release the JHAS. Coincidence... yeah right.

Last edited by janewaywarrior; 03-14-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Captain
# 2
03-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Cryptic will NEVER silence me... not until this game changes and they accept responsibility for the monster they have created!
Zzzz... *snort*. Buh. Sorry.

Anyway, they go where the money is and players want ships, the game isn't a PvP game so that sort of balance isn't necessary, and other things you already know.
# 3
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Yes but the Zen Store used to be filled with variety, different cosmetic items, things that did not change the balance of the game. Now all they do is release ship after ship after ship. I really think they do not care about this game and are using it to fund Neverwinter. Just like they did to gut Champions Online.
Survivor of Remus
# 4 I completely agree
03-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Honestly I would go for the following on the Cstore or Z store,

For a bundle, if we can't have a T5 Connie TOS then will do us a favor of making a NX-01 T5? I for one like Star Trek Enterprise and i always wanted a T5 with the authentic bridge from the show, and throw in the Phase Pistol too. Its perfect since the Romulans are present and in the 2160's there was a Romulan War going on that goes good for the new "Countdown thing"

I'm a huge fan of that series, and its perfect since we are in the Year of the Romulan like we where with the Catians some seasons back.....get it "Year of the Cat" was a classic rock song?

So CBS.....what do you say? Im sure you would love to do a Romulan War pack Cryptic and PWE, am i right?

Then i fire up that ST ENT theme song and kill Rommies......
Career Officer
# 5
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Oh yeah, notice that they nerf the Andorian ship JUST BEFORE they re-release the JHAS. Coincidence... yeah right.
Are you referring to the weapons they'll be allowing us to trade back in or did something else come up when I wasn't paying attention?
Lieutenant
# 6
03-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
Are you referring to the weapons they'll be allowing us to trade back in or did something else come up when I wasn't paying attention?
I am referring to the false advertising of the Andorian Ship and then claiming it was a "bug" right before they released the mythical and biblical JHAS back into the game. Now I wasn't stupid enough to buy this ship because I suspected they would do something like this in order to keep the JHAS at "godly" status.

Because you already have the ship, they already have your money. What do they care if they give you dilithium that you also might have converted from Zen. All they are doing is Ker-CHING!

Honestly, if I owned this game and the playerbase were that gulliable, I would make "bugs" on purpose just to exploit them for profit-gain.
Republic Veteran
# 7
03-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
I am referring to the false advertising of the Andorian Ship and then claiming it was a "bug" right before they released the mythical and biblical JHAS back into the game. Now I wasn't stupid enough to buy this ship because I suspected they would do something like this in order to keep the JHAS at "godly" status.

Because you already have the ship, they already have your money. What do they care if they give you dilithium that you also might have converted from Zen. All they are doing is Ker-CHING!

Honestly, if I owned this game and the playerbase were that gulliable, I would make "bugs" on purpose just to exploit them for profit-gain.
The ship was not effected just the optional blue phasers in the DIl store for the OCD players who need to have them blue.

Career Officer
# 8
03-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Coz ships roll in the dough babyyy woot

Other stuff is nice for us, but they havent figured out how to make them sell per sefor ALL of us.

Yeah keep fighting your fight janeway, you know yr signature makes you to be a caricature right? Its gonna be hard to maintain credibility with thata attitide.

Just sayin man, its kinda hard to take you seriously with yrcurrent persona
Captain
# 9
03-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Because it won't sell. I'm pretty sure the people wanting new bridges are a minority. There is simply nothing to do inside the ship, except for DOFFing, RP, and quick access to account bank in space. It's not remotely close to housing.

I, for one, will never buy a bridge ship, no matter how cool it can be, because I don't see the point.

However, I see the point of a new ship. I have a use for it, meaning playing about half the content of this game with it. How much content can you play with a bridge ? 1% ? Remember this is a STO, not bridge commander.
Rihannsu
# 10
03-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Bridge packs don't sell real well in STO. Fed ships do sell well in STO.

KDF ships don't sell well in STO. Fed ships do sell well in STO.

Humanoid costumes for the players controllable avatar don't sell well enough. Fed ships do sell well in STO.

Have you caught on to the pattern yet?