Starfleet Veteran
# 11
03-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
The ship was not effected just the optional blue phasers in the DIl store for the OCD players who need to have them blue.
Actually the Blue Phasers are much better than the Fleet ones replacing them as they are [acc]x2 [dmg] versus the typical Fleet [dmg]x3.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 12
03-14-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm an ardent supporter of more bridges and interior packs.

However, as many other here have pointed out, there is simply nothing much that can be done in ship interiors, apart from special DOff assignments / Shuttles / private RP). Until Cryptic can spare at least one whole season to devote to episode missions and STFs using player-customized ship interiors, additional bridge packs aren't going to happen.

C-store and lockbox ships, quite simply, make more money for Cryptic/PWE per unit of dev effort compared to all other content. Ship can also be used in virtually all space maps, so there's a very high amount of reusability (compared to adventure zones and missions that take months to develop but only days to play through).

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Captain
# 13
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
I'm an ardent supporter of more bridges and interior packs.

However, as many other here have pointed out, there is simply nothing much that can be done in ship interiors, apart from special DOff assignments / Shuttles / private RP). Until Cryptic can spare at least one whole season to devote to episode missions and STFs using player-customized ship interiors, additional bridge packs aren't going to happen.

C-store and lockbox ships, quite simply, make more money for Cryptic/PWE per unit of dev effort compared to all other content. Ship can also be used in virtually all space maps, so there's a very high amount of reusability (compared to adventure zones and missions that take months to develop but only days to play through).
But a ship interior done to the fullest, would completely justify both a season, and a $50 price tag.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-15-2013, 12:06 AM
More costumes would make me happy. Keep putting the more outlandish ones on the Lobi store if you insist, but there's still acres upon acres of cloth and felt left in Trek lore just waiting to be mined for the C-Store. I'm only slightly embarrassed to say that I'd probably buy them all eventually.

Holodeck off-duty costume packs. Dixon Hill. Sherlock Holmes. Bashir and O'Brien's wide assortment of holosuite bromance costumes. The H.M.S. Enterprise uniforms from Generations, with an new stance that lets me stand around clutching the hilt of my sabre. Make that happen, artists!
---
Relax.
Captain
# 15
03-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
But a ship interior done to the fullest, would completely justify both a season, and a $50 price tag.
That I agree with wholeheartedly - the one season could introduce the interior functionality for all players, using the default 2409 interiors with correctly-scaled ceilings. I'd then happily pay for canon interior packs

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Captain
# 16
03-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Cryptic needs to continue to make money on the game. This IP isn't cheap, and PWE needs to show a profit for it's shareholders.

Ships are an easy win. As lockboxes get phased out in near future ('cause they can't operate a lottery online in the US or Canada for a profit - tick, tock, tick, tock), likely they will look to premium vanity items to recoup the loss.
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Career Officer
# 17
03-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
I see a lot of people defending Cryptic's position on inventing continuously more OP ships that inbalance the game because they HAVE TO.
They don't HAVE TO, they want to. Its a matter of ROI, they get a bigger return on a relatively low polygon ship model with some poorly (if at all) tested stats and gimmick consoles than on account wide costume unlocks. They tried testing the waters with an overpriced per character costume unlock you could not reclaim (pretty much the same as lockbox ships) and as far as I can tell it failed spectacularly. So their metrics tell them they cant do it at all. Heck, the BIG unlock at one for the embassy and starbase tiers was an incredibly lame/boring/samey robe and uniform!

Also consider that as a churn game the existing selection is enough to satisfy a player that won't stay around for long.

Last edited by skyranger1414; 03-15-2013 at 01:10 AM.