Career Officer
# 61
03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
I personally believe a Co-Leadership can work given you find the right individuals that are all sitting on the same playing field and walking the same path. It's very hard to find and from personally experience I was able to find it and have been running this fleet with my Co-Fleet Admiral for nearly a year. Our ideas, morals and outlook are pretty much identical and if Xean was able to find that with 4 other people, then he is truly fortunate.

From personal experience though working with 1 friend to run a fleet is about the max IMO, as there is always the classic saying "Three is a crowd". Still, as long as we're all enjoying our Star Trek experience, no matter how we approach it and not hurting others, that's all that matters!

"We're doing it wrong, but it's working...."
Commander
# 62
03-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
I personally believe a Co-Leadership can work given you find the right individuals that are all sitting on the same playing field and walking the same path. It's very hard to find and from personally experience I was able to find it and have been running this fleet with my Co-Fleet Admiral for nearly a year. Our ideas, morals and outlook are pretty much identical and if Xean was able to find that with 4 other people, then he is truly fortunate.

From personal experience though working with 1 friend to run a fleet is about the max IMO, as there is always the classic saying "Three is a crowd". Still, as long as we're all enjoying our Star Trek experience, no matter how we approach it and not hurting others, that's all that matters!
agreed good sir
Community Moderator
# 63
03-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Hi,

I believe this thread has now run its course and there's nothing constructive left to say on this particular topic. Due to this, and the amount of "stealth trolling" that I believe was going on in this thread, I am closing it.

I have nothing against people forming fleets and experimenting with different kinds of fleet governance. I also understand and support fleet leaders who have a responsibility to protect the interests of their members. It's all about Community either way. Best of luck to all of you.

But please remember to treat your fellow forum users politely even when you disagree with them. And I would also like to point out that it's not nice to suggest that people who do disagree might be somehow intellectually or morally deficient, however indirectly. That is definitely against the spirit of the Community Rules.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).
  2. If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.
  3. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread