Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
That's right the ROCK wants to play a role in the New Star Wars, and you know what why not let him in. He can play a Trooper, Bounty Hunter or Smuggler type, and have a major role in the new trilogy.

The following is from syfy.com via news.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226597438323

"I played with two lines of action figures when I was a kid: G.I. Joe and Star Wars. By the way, because we didn't have a lot of money, I used to steal them. I'd just rip open the packages and shove 'em in my pockets ... like a lot of kids. I got caught a couple of times, got my ass kicked by my parents.

So when I got the call saying, 'How do you feel about becoming the leader of the G.I. Joes?', it was like if I got a call from George Lucas saying, 'I want you to be in Star Wars' ... I'm gonna call J.J. and you're gonna help by printing it and I'm gonna be in Star Wars!"

So what do you think? Good or bad idea?
Captain
# 2
03-15-2013, 06:14 AM
He can't be in Star Wars because he has to play the captain in my new Star Trek TV series.
# 3
03-15-2013, 06:24 AM
He is a great actor. I believe I like all his movies except for the fairy thing. Why not, he would be a great presence. Only as a bounty hunter, smuggler, or some kind of general or something. Not a Jedi. In my mind that just does not work. Is'nt he gonna play a Klingon in Star Trek:In to Darkness? I heard he was a while back. If so nothing is sacred anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2013, 06:48 AM
I'd be fine with this also. He's a good multi-purpose actor, which is an asset for something like Star Wars which can turn on a dime between action and comedy... or descend into an outright farce occasionally, as the prequels did.

Rock wouldn't be any more out of place in a Star Wars movie than Sam Jackson was, so go for it I say. This might even increase my interest a bit knowing that Star Wars VII could be more than just a reunion film. Not to mention it would get him away from the ring for a while.

...even if a Star Wars appearance means that Rundown sequel I want will take even longer. Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
He can't be in Star Wars because he has to play the captain in my new Star Trek TV series.
Bah gawd! Bah gawd! Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom! Captain Rock with the Rock Bottom on the Romulan Praetor! Bah gawd, King! He's whippin' that Romulan like a government mule!
---
Relax.
Captain
# 5
03-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Star wars Episode VII: The return to Sith mountain? cant be more Disney than that
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Cryptic Studios Team
# 6
03-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Not sure why this is surprising. That's how Sam Jackson got in the prequels. Just said he wanted to be in them, with his own unique color lightsaber. Done.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Survivor of Romulus
# 7
03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Isn't that how Woopi Goldberg and the King of Jordan got on Star Trek? Cause they were fans and famous, lol.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Rihannsu
# 8
03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by delsaberedux View Post
Bah gawd! Bah gawd! Rock Bottom! Rock Bottom! Captain Rock with the Rock Bottom on the Sith Lord! Bah gawd, King! He's whippin' that Sith like a government mule!
I think that makes more sense for a Starwars Movie.. Cause I can see him playing a Smuggler/Bounty hunter similar to Lando.

All in all though, Samuel Mother F'n L Mother F'n Jackson made it work as a Jedi Master, I could see the Rock do it if he wanted to be a more serious role. But then again, The Rock's no SLJ.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Republic Veteran
# 9
03-15-2013, 10:23 AM
There is a person The Rock knows, who years ago was the baddest bounty hunter around and The Rock's hero....I'm talking about The Rock's Friend Boba Fett.

He was the most dangerous man in the galaxy till some blind man came along and took him out like a Jabroni

The Rock's talking about Han Solo

The Rock says, you and that jabroni you got with you, Chewbacca, come on out here. Solo you bend over, and the Rock will take that entire wookie, shave him, turn that sumb**** sideways, and stick it straight up your candy ***!

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Career Officer
# 10
03-15-2013, 10:25 AM
I'd be okay with this... If he was playing the role of Jedi Master K'Kruhk.