Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Ok so I just finished downloading Star_Trek_OB_ST_0_20100108a.zip from fileshack, it weighs in at 6.38 GB. I use 7zip to extract it and I end up with only 3.70 MB worth of data. I run the only exe and I get "not a valid win32 application" error. Files in archive are as follows:

apr2005_d3dx9_25_x64.inf
d3dx9_25.dll
d3dx9_25_x64.cat
d3dx9_25_x64.inf
infinst.exe

Ideas, suggestions?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Snake
Ok so I just finished downloading Star_Trek_OB_ST_0_20100108a.zip from fileshack, it weighs in at 6.38 GB. I use 7zip to extract it and I end up with only 3.70 MB worth of data. I run the only exe and I get "not a valid win32 application" error. Files in archive are as follows:

apr2005_d3dx9_25_x64.inf
d3dx9_25.dll
d3dx9_25_x64.cat
d3dx9_25_x64.inf
infinst.exe

Ideas, suggestions?
You're missing about 1.27GB of data there. Try downloading it again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-12-2010, 08:47 PM
My wife and I had the same issue with the fileplant download...

We are currently downloading from fileshack and will hopefully get a correct zip file.

Fileshack is having way faster download speeds than fileplanet so I am hoping this new download will fix this issue... is wierd that there seems to be incomplete zip files being served out to us from the various download sites.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-12-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoben View Post
You're missing about 1.27GB of data there. Try downloading it again.
But the size of the compressed file matches up to how big fileshack says it is, the reason its 1.27 GB smaller than fileplanets is probably because fileshack compressed it more to save download time.
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/1656...en+Beta+Client

any other suggestions other than downloading it again?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I am using the Cryptic Downloader, at 60% downloading at about 150-300 kb/s. I am hoping this is more reliable then the mirror sites. If that helps...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-12-2010, 09:18 PM
I just got done downloading from fileshack too.. corrupt zip. Guess it's back to downloading... again =\
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-12-2010, 09:34 PM
OK it obvious the acrhive is courrpoed. A few hours ago thebigdownload had to temporarily remove the same file cause the were experience problems with the download. Although they didn't specify the problem (but its obvious now isn't it?).

So I've tried unzipping/installing on a different machine with WIN7-64 (other one was XP-32) and no luck. However after some googling I have decided to try and repair it. I'll post back if I have any luck.

UPDATE: I think its working! So far 270 files have been repaired and the new archive is getting bigger and bigger. I'm using DiskInternals ZIP Repair 1.0 btw.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Let us know if it goes all the way to the point you can install
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
It did not work. Archive is too corrupted for the free programs to fix. I'm just going to re-download since its on usenet now anyways.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Snake
It did not work. Archive is too corrupted for the free programs to fix. I'm just going to re-download since its on usenet now anyways.
What group? I had the same luck with the fileshack file and.. yeah. :|
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 PM.