Lt. Commander
# 21
01-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantak View Post
I downloaded from fileshack as well, it is not a valid file. I wish Cryptic would have checked it themselves.

Fileplanet keeps resetting my queue and placing me last in line, the one time it got to downloading, it errored out saying click the link and go to the information tab on y browser, but there was no information link or tab.

LOL. This is a joke. Cryptic might wanna check out there zip files before sending out a corrupted one to their partner sites that thousands of people are going to download. I tried fileplanet. They kept putting me back at the end of the line and when it did start it was really slow. Then I paid to sign up to file shack for a month,and after 5 and a half hours, a corrupted download. Winrar shows some files, 7zip shows different ones, none of them will extract. I'm going to try the torrent next, and if that doesn't work I guess I'm not going to try out the game.

Might still buy it, after I see the reviews, and after cryptic say's what its gonna cost each month.Still baffles me on how a company can sell a game to people without those people knowing how much it is going to cost each month. I don't go for that.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolfmykel View Post
Spent too much time on this tonight heh So to end the night, we got just the setup.exe file from the torrent and ran that. It ran the installer, it is appearing to pull down the needed files, and over all looks to be going well.

At the very least at least we got to have a look at the launcher

I think it is time to head to bed, and will check things tomorrow. Good luck everyone
OK... so that worked... and my wife just logged in from home and got to the character select screen. The patcher did freeze up overnight, so we started it back up this morning, it picked up where it left off, and now is installed and seems to be working.

After downloading twice from various sites, I wish now that I would have just downloaded the setup.exe from the torrent and just let the patcher work its magic.

Anyway, as long as something weird doesn't happen, looks like I will be able to check things out when I get home tonight
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpam666
LOL. This is a joke. Cryptic might wanna check out there zip files before sending out a corrupted one to their partner sites that thousands of people are going to download. I tried fileplanet. They kept putting me back at the end of the line and when it did start it was really slow. Then I paid to sign up to file shack for a month,and after 5 and a half hours, a corrupted download. Winrar shows some files, 7zip shows different ones, none of them will extract. I'm going to try the torrent next, and if that doesn't work I guess I'm not going to try out the game.

Might still buy it, after I see the reviews, and after cryptic say's what its gonna cost each month.Still baffles me on how a company can sell a game to people without those people knowing how much it is going to cost each month. I don't go for that.
Fileplanet proved to be too dificult to get started (doesn't work with Firefox and demanded IE) and the Cryptic dowmloader proved to be way too slow, so I went with AtomicGamer. Still took me almost 24 hours over DSL and I got the "compressed zip file is invalid or corrupted" error when done, but 7-Zip instantly fixed that and I was able to install and log in. Of course, I then got the 10gb patch (looks like another 10 or 12-hour download), but that's another thread.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-14-2010, 04:50 AM
I have problems with unzipping this file! My Unzipprogram says there are 3 Files corrupt.
I don't want to download a second time. Where can I find the files as single files to donwload?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-14-2010, 04:51 AM
I used Newzbin and then used Astraweb to down load the currupted files, but still had a 6 gb patch then another 2 gb patch this morning
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frykin
I used Newzbin and then used Astraweb to down load the currupted files, but still had a 6 gb patch then another 2 gb patch this morning
I have no account by Newzbin and Astraweb.
Is there no webserver who has the files?