Commander
So, I'm in Eta Eridan Block. I have a mission that requires we travel to Regulus Block. I issue the order, "Set course for Regulus Block" [double click on Regulus Block in the System List].

My ship, the U.S.S. FIASCO II, auto navigates to the Regulus Block border. After some time passes my ship grazes up against the "wall" of the Sirius Block while under way to the Regulus Block. Then, we slow to a stop and Ensign Anthi, my acting First Officer, says, "We have permission to warp to the Sirius Block," and offers me the option to go to warp.

"Acting First Officer Anthi, did I request we set course for Sirius Block?" I enquire.

"No, sir" Ensign Anthi replies.

"Ensign Anthi, what was the destination, of which, I made a request to set course to?" I asked.

"Uh...Regulus Block... sir" Ensign Anthi replies nervously.

"Ensign Anthi, are we now at the destination point for which we have permission to go to warp to Regulus Block?"

"No, sir"

"Ensign, when I requested we set course for Regulus Block, did you think I actually meant Sirius Block?"

"Uh... no, sir."

"Ensign, did you think maybe Sirius Block was a more suitable destination, and that I might be inclined to change my mind upon our arrival there?"

"No...sir"

"Ensign Anthi, why is my ship not currently moving to the correct destination?"

"My apologies, sir, a small oversight. I will make the necessary corrections immediately!"

"Thank you, ensign...oh, and ensign..."

"Sir?"

"As acting First Officer, you will be assisting me in crew performance appraisals. It's soon time to determine who is up for promotion... or demotion."

"Uh... yes... sir."
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astimingpyle View Post
So, I'm in Eta Eridan Block. I have a mission that requires we travel to Regulus Block. I issue the order, "Set course for Regulus Block" [double click on Regulus Block in the System List].

My ship, the U.S.S. FIASCO II, auto navigates to the Regulus Block border. After some time passes my ship grazes up against the "wall" of the Sirius Block while under way to the Regulus Block. Then, we slow to a stop and Ensign Anthi, my acting First Officer, says, "We have permission to warp to the Sirius Block," and offers me the option to go to warp.

"Acting First Officer Anthi, did I request we set course for Sirius Block?" I enquire.

"No, sir" Ensign Anthi replies.

"Ensign Anthi, what was the destination, of which, I made a request to set course to?" I asked.

"Uh...Regulus Block... sir" Ensign Anthi replies nervously.

"Ensign Anthi, are we now at the destination point for which we have permission to go to warp to Regulus Block?"

"No, sir"

"Ensign, when I requested we set course for Regulus Block, did you think I actually meant Sirius Block?"

"Uh... no, sir."

"Ensign, did you think maybe Sirius Block was a more suitable destination, and that I might be inclined to change my mind upon our arrival there?"

"No...sir"

"Ensign Anthi, why is my ship not currently moving to the correct destination?"

"My apologies, sir, a small oversight. I will make the necessary corrections immediately!"

"Thank you, ensign...oh, and ensign..."

"Sir?"

"As acting First Officer, you will be assisting me in crew performance appraisals. It's soon time to determine who is up for promotion... or demotion."

"Uh... yes... sir."
*Looks for a post like button.*

This is very annoying when playing, along with the ship facing after warp. I think dstahl or someone else mentioned that they are aware of the travel in space issues and have it "on the radar". I just wonder what kind of radar they are using.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
03-15-2013, 10:58 AM
Options>Controls>Keep moving during contact dialogs.

Having it off is useful in a number of missions (there's several points where a mission stops you just before you enter combat for dialog, if you engage the dialog closes and afterwards it can make for amusing plotholes where you talk to a captain after you've blown his ship out from under him), but enabling this option will fix this particular issue.

Another point where it's useful: a few sector borders trigger the warp dialog just inside the border, if you run right up to the wall it goes away and you have to back up.
Career Officer
# 4
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM
I vote this as "Post of the Month!"

Very entertaining and so true...
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Commander
# 5
03-15-2013, 12:09 PM
This could actually be merged with this post, just to slap some comedy into it. Also, they're only two days apart.

It's an annoying "feature" and is deserving of a sticky to help bypass the annoyance, but I don't think we need any more stickies until the current ones get consolidated in some way.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.

Last edited by bumperthumper; 03-15-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
03-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Options>Controls>Keep moving during contact dialogs.

Having it off is useful in a number of missions (there's several points where a mission stops you just before you enter combat for dialog, if you engage the dialog closes and afterwards it can make for amusing plotholes where you talk to a captain after you've blown his ship out from under him), but enabling this option will fix this particular issue.

Another point where it's useful: a few sector borders trigger the warp dialog just inside the border, if you run right up to the wall it goes away and you have to back up.
I recently did the Guardian of Forever story and after coming back the Enterprise was under attack again for some reason. It got blown up and then Spock thanked me for my help.

I already helped when I came into the system. Nice bugs this game has.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2013, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
I vote this as "Post of the Month!"

Very entertaining and so true...
I second this. Brings a real annoyance to light, while making me laugh coffee all over my keyboard at the same time... I do believe that's a first.