Ensign
I am slowly working my way up through the Omega Levels and am considering getting the most current armor I can get (Mark XI) but I don't know what it looks like. Google images doesn't seem to be consistent and STO wiki doesn't have picture of it on a character. Anyone know where I can find out what it all looks like?
Captain
# 2
03-15-2013, 04:30 PM
I would tend to think 11 and 12 both look the same and this all dpends on what prof you are as engineers and science off use maco.Tacs use omega.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-15-2013, 04:34 PM
No I'm a TAC and I use MACO.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Captain
# 4
03-15-2013, 04:36 PM
I would switch to omega or even khg which is better for a Tac.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Career Officer
# 5
03-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Darn it, i came in hoping to tell you to look at STOwiki, but you're saying you already did!!! I just wanted to leave a smartass answer! Could my day be any worse!!

One of the reasons behind the inconsistance of the costumes in the google image, is that there's a lot of options available with the costume.

Here's a youtube video (January 2013), http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YilyrQHsHQ
Republic Veteran
# 6
03-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Different degrees of Buzz Lightyear. All look rather ridiculous in my opinion.

You can tell quite easily by looking around ESD. Mk X is the basic one, just a few armour panels over the undersuit. Mk XI adds the helmet. Mk XII has more details and beefy pauldrons. The Adapted outfit has sharper looking pauldrons.
Career Officer
# 7
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I would tend to think 11 and 12 both look the same and this all dpends on what prof you are as engineers and science off use maco.Tacs use omega.
No, Mk XII has a helmet that is not available to Mk XI.

And professions are irrelevant, anyone can choose anything. I'm a Tac wearing Omega Mk XI costume, but using MACO mk XII gear.
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I would switch to omega or even khg which is better for a Tac.
I'll agree that either of those are probably better for dps but personally I prefer the tankier aspects of the normal maco set but however I do use the Pulsewave maco gun with the rifle as my two weapons.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Ensign
# 9
03-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Wait... so does ANY level of MACO gear unlock all the MACO uniform options at the tailor?
Captain
# 10
03-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsvenson View Post
Wait... so does ANY level of MACO gear unlock all the MACO uniform options at the tailor?
No. You need to complete the outfit projects in your Reputation, which are unlocked by collecting the MACO gear.

Mk X unlocks no costume projects.
Mk XI unlocks the Type 1, which includes almost everything but the shoulder pads and the helmet.
Mk XII unlocks the Type 2, which includes everything from Type 1, as well as the shoulder pads and the helmet.

Completing all of the optional objectives from Cure, Khitomer, and Infected (both Ground and Space sections on each) and obtaining the Mk XII set unlocks the Type 3, which offers differently-styled armor pieces.

Adapted Mk XII unlocks Type 4, which is another full set of variant armor pieces.