Lieutenant
I have developed an Advanced Combat Tracker plugin and I want to share it if anyone is interested. Also let me know if you find any issues so I can fix it

How does it work

This plugin interprets the data in the "Combatlog.log" file (a file located in your computer), and translates it to the Advanced Combat Tracker tool that will display the processed data as graphs and tables. It will show things like DPS, types of damage, etc.

Main features:

New environment:
+It shows both actual damage and damage before buffs/debuffs/shield apply (in a new column named "BaseDamage").
+When the source of damage is other than the ship it shows in the "Source" column.
+Some other minor changes.

New options (Go to the "Options tab>STO_ACT Parsing>General" and move the mouse over the options for details):
+Grouping attacks by preference.
+Displaying only players or not.
+etc.

Processes all the attacks in the log file.

Relatively low on resources consumption (have analyzed very large log files of over 50MB in less than a minute).

Download:

STO_ACT v1.0.0.2.

Advanced combat tracker.

Installation:

Install Advanced Combat Tracker
1. Install Advanced Combat Tracker (execute "ACTv3-Setup.exe">click Next>Install>Close)
2. Open Advanced Combat Tracker.
3. If you get a Startup Wizard window close it.

Enable the plugin
1. Go to the "Plugins" tab>button "Browse".
2. Browse for the file "STO_ACT.cs" you downloaded previously and select it.
3. Click "Add/Enable Plugin button".

To start a log you simply have to type "/Combatlog 1" in the game chat window (That will create the .log file)
To end the log write "/Combatlog 0".

Import the log file
1. Open the "Import/Export" tab>"Import Encounters">"Import a Log File">"Select File" button
2. Browse for your Combatlog.log file. For windows 7/Vista users it will be located in: "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient"
3. Check your "Main" tab to see the results alfter the import process ends.

Track your current combat DPS (in real time)
1. Go to "Options" tab.
2. Click "open log" button.
3. Browse for your Combatlog.log file. For windows 7/Vista users it will be located in: "C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\logs\GameClient"
4. From now on if you have Advanced Combat Tracker opened it will load and process automatically the combat as long as you write "/Combatlog 1" in the game chat window to start a log and "/Combatlog 0" when you are done.

Uninstall:

This (like other ACT plugins) creates its own environment (new columns, removes others, different groups, etc.) and you need to uninstall Advanced Combat Tracker in order to install another plugin.

If you just want to try it, I recommend you open 2 Advanced Combat Tracker windows, install this plugin on one of them, run it (dont install anything on the other), and when you are done close this plugin's window first, and then close the untouched window the last (it will save its settings when you close it, so it will be like if you didnt install anything at all).

Columns:

You can add/remove/move columns by going to "Options" tab>"Main Table/Encounters". There you will find the 5 views and their columns.

Damage, BaseDamage, DamageTaken and BaseDamageTaken Columns
Amount of damage. Base damage is the damage before applying shields, buffs, debuffs and resistances on the target.

Healed Column
Amount of healing done.

DPS, EncDPS and EncHPS Columns
Damage/Healing per second.
DPS is based on the row (combatant or attack) duration.
EncDPS and EncHPS are based in the encounter duration.

Attacker, Source and Victim Columns
These three columns constitute the path followed by the attack.
Attacker is the combatant dealing the damage.
Sources are pets, abilities, devices or/and enemies outside the attacking ship used to deal the damage.
Victim is the enemy target of the attack.

Kills Column
Number of killing shots done by a combatant.

Deaths Column
Number of times that a combatant has died.

STO_ACT specific options:

Swap damage for base damage columns
It will swap the values in Damage and DamageTaken for those in BaseDamage and BaseDamageTaken.
This option will change how are your "DPS" and "EncDPS" columns calculated, as these columns are always calculated on the "Damage" column.

Remove Base Damage columns
If you are only interested in damage and you dont care about base damage use this option.
If you are only interested in base damage and you dont care about damage use this option in conjunction with the "Swap damage for base damage columns" option.

Show only players
It will show all non-Player ships/pets actions in the "NPCs" combatant view. You will still be able to keep track of the NPC attacker and pets involved in the attack in the "Source" column.

Group into "Pet/Ability Attack (out)"
The group "Attack (out)" will allways display the attacking ship weapons regular attacks. But you can select in which group will be displayed the rest of the attacks.

Rename "<type of damage>" to [<petname>] <type of damage>"
This will allow you to split types of damage into different sources.
If you uncheck it, you can still keep track of the sources of damage in the "Source" column.

Other plugins you might want to try

Aria

Hilbert

Enjoy.

DISCLAIMER: THIS SOURCE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOURCE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOURCE.

-------------
Edited to show help on columns/options and last update link.

Last edited by alhucemas; 04-06-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Captain
# 2
03-15-2013, 06:57 PM
I've literally just loaded this up.

Pros:

*Love the fact that character names come up, as opposed to handle names.

Cons:
*BaseDamage column - what does this do, and why is there no commas for thousand notation?

Other than that, well done, looking forward to using this.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 3
03-15-2013, 07:15 PM
are acc/crit values accurate?
Lieutenant
# 4
03-16-2013, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I've literally just loaded this up.

Pros:

*Love the fact that character names come up, as opposed to handle names.

Cons:
*BaseDamage column - what does this do, and why is there no commas for thousand notation?

Other than that, well done, looking forward to using this.
Lets say you fire a torpedo spread to 2 targets. Both your attacks deal 3000 damage. But while one target has shields and recieves only 600 damage, the other has no shields and also has a debuff of attack pattern beta on it so recieves 4500 damage.

Target 1:
Base Damage: 3000
Actual Damage (damage received after shields apply): 600

Target 2:
Base Damage: 3000
Actual Damage (damage dealt to the hull -no shields- after attack patter beta applies): 4500

Your total BaseDamage would be 6000, but the actual Damage would be 5100

That is one of the reasons I wanted to do a new plugin, because I think its something interesting to know. Currently plugins just show damage received, and others damage dealt, but none show both at the same time. Now you can compare both values, damage dealt and the damage the targets actually take after shields/buffs/debuffs apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
are acc/crit values accurate?
Not sure what you are referring to. If you talk about the "Critical", "CritHits" and "Crit%" columns, you will find results are pretty much like aria plugin. These columns will probably only differ if one of the plugins detects (correctly or not) an attack the other plugin doesnt.

EDIT: Have added screenshots in the original post so you get an idea how it works. There I explain also how "BaseDamage" columns work.

Last edited by alhucemas; 03-16-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Lieutenant
# 5
03-16-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
and why is there no commas for thousand notation?
EDIT: Should be solved now.

Last edited by alhucemas; 03-16-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Captain
# 6
03-16-2013, 12:53 PM
I really like this, it's nice to have shield damage incorporated. Of course, the best thing would be a column that includes damage to shields, but also accounts for the effects of resistances. That would be the most representative of real world output, unfortunately it's probably not possible with the way the log works. Regardless, this is a very nice thing to have, and I'll be recommending it to everyone in my fleet.

EDIT: Just noticed that there are two errors in your directions: it is in fact not necessary to have ACT open in order to make a combatlog file (actually, you can even make a file without ACT installed and then have ACT parse it afterwards), and you can't set a file for ACT to parse until you've already made one.

Last edited by jadensecura; 03-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Lieutenant
# 7
03-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
I really like this, it's nice to have shield damage incorporated. Of course, the best thing would be a column that includes damage to shields, but also accounts for the effects of resistances. That would be the most representative of real world output, unfortunately it's probably not possible with the way the log works. Regardless, this is a very nice thing to have, and I'll be recommending it to everyone in my fleet.

EDIT: Just noticed that there are two errors in your directions: it is in fact not necessary to have ACT open in order to make a combatlog file (actually, you can even make a file without ACT installed and then have ACT parse it afterwards)
I just wanted to keep it simple, but I will include the import function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
, and you can't set a file for ACT to parse until you've already made one.
Good point. I forgot you have to create the .log file the first time. I will change it now.
Lieutenant
# 8
03-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Been using this for a bit, using hil's plugin, can you give a rundown of what EncDPS is by chance? Been able to figure out the numbers of everything else, just wondering if it's something simple I'm over-analyzing.
Thanks!
Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excaliber NX-97000-B

www.AccessDenied-STO.com
Lieutenant
# 9
03-18-2013, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tieberione View Post
Been using this for a bit, using hil's plugin, can you give a rundown of what EncDPS is by chance? Been able to figure out the numbers of everything else, just wondering if it's something simple I'm over-analyzing.
Thanks!
Both DPS and EncDPS are damage per second.
DPS: damage / duration of that row.
EncDPS: damage / duration of the encounter.

Take e a look at this encounter.

I suppressed on purpose the NPCs so they dont distract (this can be done in the options of this plugin), but it was an assimilated carrier encounter with a duration of 36 sec.

Player: Krokus
Damage: 433874
His duration in the encounter: 29 sec (he lost some time getting to the assimilated carrier).
DPS: 14510 ( = 433874/29)
EncDPS: 11985 ( = 433874/36)

Player: 3
Damage: 456806
His duration in the encounter: 34 sec.
DPS: 13126 ( = 456806/34)
EncDPS: 12618 (= 456806/36)

You will notice that when sorting the "EncDPS" column, it has the same graph than the "Damage" column. That is because the encounter duration is the same for everybody. And "DPS" column has a different graph because it doesnt depend on encounter duration, but the combatant duration, that is different for each player.

It is up to you which one is more important in each case (it depends on what you are looking for). For more information on this topic, this is the official faq.

EDIT: Note that here the divisions are not accurate because the computer also uses fractions of seconds.

Last edited by alhucemas; 03-18-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Lieutenant
# 10
03-18-2013, 01:49 PM
thanks!

Thought it was along those lines but didn't want to give a bogus explanation.
Great graphs/explanations btw, thank you
Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excaliber NX-97000-B

www.AccessDenied-STO.com