Ensign
# 1 SweetFX Settings?
07-08-2014, 05:38 PM
I love using SweetFX in many games to improve the graphics. I been looking for some STO settings and can't find any. If you use SweetFX in STO can you post your setting?
Career Officer
# 2
07-08-2014, 05:40 PM
think stuff like this is a no no in cryptics eyes
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Ensign
# 3
07-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
think stuff like this is a no no in cryptics eyes
Well there is no rules that say you can't use it and I have used it before in STO and Neverwinter.
Career Officer
# 4
07-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbigtrek View Post
Well there is no rules that say you can't use it and I have used it before in STO and Neverwinter.
they banned ppl long time ago for just using a mod to make blue lcars to look TNG so again think this one of them no no

and no rule funny i do recall one saying no modifying the game think that would also count adding files to make game look better
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2014, 08:35 PM
SweetFX does not alter the game data nor the communications between the client and server in any way. It is merely a post process injector that modifies the framebuffer of DirectX applications/games to enhance visuals. I don't see how Cryptic could have any legitimate complaint against it, especially when you consider that there are certain graphical options in the official Nvidia/AMD/Intel graphics control panel that can be forced, despite what the application/game supports internally. For example, Nvidia's FXAA is also a post process enhancement.

Addressing the topic, I would say it's all personal preference. This interview with the creator of SweetFX explains the various effects and may be helpful for deciding which ones you want to play with. Personally I mostly use the HDR, SMAA and Lumasharpen effects at default settings in games, though in STO I don't use HDR due to performance reasons.
Super Moderator
# 6
07-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
they banned ppl long time ago for just using a mod to make blue lcars to look TNG so again think this one of them no no

and no rule funny i do recall one saying no modifying the game think that would also count adding files to make game look better
This is a different situation. The LCARS modifications were alterations to the client.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.