Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Commander
OK so I know this has been a discussion for a LONG time now, and that the old Borg weapons are a thing of the past, but:

I have a stockpile of MK XII Borg phaser beam arrays in my bank. I was thinking of using them to build a DEDICATED STF ship. So my questions are as follows?

When someone says the Borg proc is "broken", what does that mean, exactly? Does it mean the proc LITERALLY will not work at all, as in for every 100 shots, I will NOT do approximately 2500 extra damage?

Does it work on SOME Borg, like ships, but not others, like gateways?

Remember, this is for a dedicated STF only cruiser. So would I be hurting myself to use these beam arrays, or are they still viable in STFs?
Thanks!

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Captain
# 2
03-15-2013, 07:12 PM
The [borg] proc works, but not on all borg ships. It's referring to an incomplete list.
Captain
# 3
03-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
OK so I know this has been a discussion for a LONG time now, and that the old Borg weapons are a thing of the past, but:

I have a stockpile of MK XII Borg phaser beam arrays in my bank. I was thinking of using them to build a DEDICATED STF ship. So my questions are as follows?

When someone says the Borg proc is "broken", what does that mean, exactly? Does it mean the proc LITERALLY will not work at all, as in for every 100 shots, I will NOT do approximately 2500 extra damage?

Does it work on SOME Borg, like ships, but not others, like gateways?

Remember, this is for a dedicated STF only cruiser. So would I be hurting myself to use these beam arrays, or are they still viable in STFs?
Thanks!
First of all, when fighting enemies that are not Borg, your Mk XII Purple beam arrays are nothing more than blue XIIs. And often, the modifiers aren't great either.

I would suggest simply using regular equipment, so your ship is flexible in dealing out damage to different types of enemies. Even though you are creating a dedicated STF ship, it would be more cost effective to create a dedicated PVE ship in general, instead of specializing just in Borg.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
The [borg] proc works, but not on all borg ships. It's referring to an incomplete list.
Correct. Some things in STF don't count as "borg" so it won't proc on them. It's been a long while since I read about it - but I seem to remember it includes things like transformers, gates, and some nanite stuff.
Commander
# 5
03-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Correct. Some things in STF don't count as "borg" so it won't proc on them. It's been a long while since I read about it - but I seem to remember it includes things like transformers, gates, and some nanite stuff.
So it sounds like it would be ok for me to use the [Borg] weapons the way I'm talking about then. Even if they don't work on gateways or whatever, if they work on most moving Borg ships, then that's ok with me.

Let's face it, I've been running STF for almost a year. I only like ISE (or Infected: The Conduit as it's now called), and Elite is not really that hard to me anymore. Even if these weapons are not the best I could get, it saves me from grinding for something else lol.

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Rihannsu
# 6
03-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
Even if they don't work on gateways or whatever, if they work on most moving Borg ships, then that's ok with me.
Well ... they dont, those arent flagged as Borg ship so Borg Raptors and Borg Negh'Var are not affected by the proc.

Cubes, Sphere and Probes ... yes.

Also its a proc, procs have a 2,5% chance to trigger and that at best we had a weapon with a near useless proc that only worked on the Borg that was taking a modifier.

In short, [Borg] STF weapons were simply Blue weapons with a proc taking a mod and that proc not working on all Borg enemies.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-15-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Captain
# 7
03-15-2013, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Also its a proc, procs have a 2,5% chance to trigger and that at best we had a weapon with a near useless proc that only worked on the Borg that was taking a modifier.
Actually, the [Borg] proc has a 7.5% chance to trigger, and it's 1000 damage, so that's effectively +75 damage per shot on all enemies it works for. However, it seems to have gotten even less reliable since S7 (I still have 2 Mk XII phaser turrets of it on my Vesta), I don't even remember the last time I saw it, so I'm not sure they haven't removed the coding for it entirely. On the flipside, [Acc][CrtH] isn't a bad pair of modifiers for PvE even if it is all you get. I'm probably going to be sticking with mine until I see some info on the Elite Fleet space weapons, then I'll decide where I want to go.
Captain
# 8
03-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadensecura View Post
Actually, the [Borg] proc has a 7.5% chance to trigger, and it's 1000 damage, so that's effectively +75 damage per shot on all enemies it works for. However, it seems to have gotten even less reliable since S7 (I still have 2 Mk XII phaser turrets of it on my Vesta), I don't even remember the last time I saw it, so I'm not sure they haven't removed the coding for it entirely. On the flipside, [Acc][CrtH] isn't a bad pair of modifiers for PvE even if it is all you get. I'm probably going to be sticking with mine until I see some info on the Elite Fleet space weapons, then I'll decide where I want to go.
The proc definitely still works on targets properly flagged as Borg. I see the damage show up from it all the time in my combat log parses.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Its works just Cure is mixed bag.
Captain
# 10
03-16-2013, 03:50 AM
personally i had no problem in stfs with [borg] weapons...they seem to proc on 80% of all enemies you will encounter in the stfs. Especially high dmg output have borg photon torpedos...high rate of fire combined with a 100% 1000 dmg proc

how usefull a cruiser, other than a tank, is for stfs in questionable.
Go pro or go home