Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Or when you're not capped out at L50.

The Ques from L21 on to 49 are deadsville, what's a PvP junkie to do? I like the REST of my fleet, so jumping ship to a dedicated bunch isn't the answer, and while I've HEARD of there being a PvP channel for setting up matches, I don't know if there's one that is "come as you are" (aka without a preset team, not at level cap, etc. etc.)

So...I'm gonna ask: is there such a channel, one that serves those of us who're looking for an actual GAME instead of "Stand here and die until you reach Dilithium cap"?

if there is, why isn't it better advertised? What I'm kind of envisioning, is something like all those "EliteSTF" channels, but one suited to people who're levelling and don't want to re-run Mirror or the FE's until their eyes bleed...

um..."Help?"
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-24-2013, 03:11 AM
exactly what your looking for! stickied even

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=178955

seems like stickied threads are invisible sometimes...
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 3
03-24-2013, 03:32 AM
Try asking on General Chat for a challange. You are risking meeting people who lack brain cells or come from the land where no one can read, but well.

Asking for "anyone for commander level challange?" will get you a lot of lvl 50s asking "are you flying Odyssey, I want to test my build" and even more various guys calling themselves "Commandor whatever" (at lvl 50) thinking that you want to challange them.

But from time to time you can get at least 1v1 on your level. Other then this... OPvP chanell may be good idea, but are there even players below 50?
Career Officer
# 4
03-24-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
Try asking on General Chat for a challange. You are risking meeting people who lack brain cells or come from the land where no one can read, but well.

Asking for "anyone for commander level challange?" will get you a lot of lvl 50s asking "are you flying Odyssey, I want to test my build" and even more various guys calling themselves "Commandor whatever" (at lvl 50) thinking that you want to challange them.

But from time to time you can get at least 1v1 on your level. Other then this... OPvP chanell may be good idea, but are there even players below 50?
There were, but since the rep systems took away the ability to make a new toon over a weekend, do a night's worth of STFs for gear and enter the queues on a tuesday to test, its a much more long-winded process. Plus with re-spec tokens on their way in May the urge to just wait and not make new toons is a no brainer for some.
Captain
# 5
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
See, THAT is the problem I'm seeing. It's EASY to get a PuG at L50, but it's starting to show how fast this game is NOT growing (or maybe that the levelling progression is a mite TOO fast) when the listed average wait on the que is over twenty minutes and you can go all night without it ever clearing the threshold that starts a match.

Not to mention how empty Ker'rat's been compared to the instances open to L50. bringing in new blood to the PvP community kind of HAS to include more work at lower levels-it's the low-level experience that teaches you by experience how to work your power levels, ship layouts, etc. etc. (Plus, the few matches that HAVE popped as I levelled alts, have been really well-balanced, whereas it seems like the L50 games tend to be radically one-sided and dependent on what's spent, where. Most "Good" pvp'ers with experience seem to also have the kewl gadgets and rep passives down cold.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot
exactly what your looking for! stickied even

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=178955

seems like stickied threads are invisible sometimes...
Damned if I didn't just do an internet meme there-I think I took for granted the stickied threads and told myself "Oh, it's stickied, it'll be there later, let's look at what's going on NOW..." (like an idiot). which may go to the habit of most people to take stickied topics for granted, or gloss over them without really looking at them. Kind of the nose in spite of our face thing.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 6
03-24-2013, 11:56 AM
'lo, fleetie.

If you want to pew pew, ask me at @SnogE00F.

If I'm on my KDF character, we can pew a bit in the queues or we can make a pugmade.

/channel_join OrganizedPVP or KDFPVP

Both those channels have pugmades being made some of the time. OrganizedPvP tends to lean more towards Fed PvP though.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.